SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Clinton Foundation Donations Plunge, Reaching 16-Year Low
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clinton Foundation Donations Plunge, Reaching 16-Year Low Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Of course donations are down.

Too many liberals are preparing for mounting legal fees.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3855 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
From the article...
“... Open Secrets noted that over one-third of the organization’s 2018 donations, $11.9 million, came from just nine donors...”

Gee I sure would like to know who those people were...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6334 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve always wondered how they hid their use of funds through their money laundering machines called “foundations”. Here’s two ways that have been described:

Use foundation money to finace campaign travel expenses. “I need to fly my campaign staff to LA for a campaign fundraiser. I’ll bring some foundAtion staff and do a little foundation business in LA too and charge the whole thing to the foundation”

“There’s been a storm disaster on Caribe Island. They need help to repair infrastructure. My foundation will contribute 10 million. My friend in the Whitehouse will attach a 50 million dollar Fed grant to that. My wealthy doners who give to my foundation will form a consortium that my foundation will hire. My foundation will pay the consortium the 60 million dollars to repair the damaged infrastructure on Caribe Island. The profit margin will be huge so the consortium members can kick back some of the funds in campaign contributions.”

The 2 methods described above are examples of how foundations can “launder” money to a politicians advantage as I understand.

They can also put relatives or friends into high paying positions within the foundation, although this can be too obvious.

Any comments or other ways that “foundations are used by politicians to enhance wealth, finance political careers or bankroll political skullduggery?

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does a charity spend more than took in????? 30 million in spending and no one noticed they were in the red?

Posts: 5426 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
How does a charity spend more than took in????? 30 million in spending and no one noticed they were in the red?

Well, they surely had enough in the bank from previous years to cover the shortfall this time. But that wouldn't be sustainable year after year.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Just like with horse racing, nobody wants to bet on an old nag.

Posts: 28011 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/clip...-secretary-of-state/

On Wednesday’s broadcast of Fox News Channel’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” Government Accountability Institute president Peter Schweizer said the Clinton Foundation was experiencing a sharp drop in donations for the third year following Hillary Clinton’s defeat in the 2016 presidential election.

Schweizer said, “This the past year, the Clinton Foundation literally raised 10% of what it did in 2009, the first year that Hillary was secretary of state, and the international numbers were even worse. They had all this money flowing in when Hillary was the chief diplomat of the United States. Curiously in light of the testimony, the number one country for giving money to the Clinton Foundation was not Great Britain. It was not France. It was not Japan, it was Ukraine .

All that money has now dried up, literally. The Clinton Foundation has had a hard time raising money because they don’t have the influence to sell. They don’t have power access to sell, and that, I think, is the primary evidence for what the Clinton enterprise was all about.”

Posts: 19606 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.breitbart.com/clip...-secretary-of-state/

On Wednesday’s broadcast of Fox News Channel’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” Government Accountability Institute president Peter Schweizer said the Clinton Foundation was experiencing a sharp drop in donations for the third year following Hillary Clinton’s defeat in the 2016 presidential election.

Schweizer said, “This the past year, the Clinton Foundation literally raised 10% of what it did in 2009, the first year that Hillary was secretary of state, and the international numbers were even worse. They had all this money flowing in when Hillary was the chief diplomat of the United States. Curiously in light of the testimony, the number one country for giving money to the Clinton Foundation was not Great Britain. It was not France. It was not Japan, it was Ukraine .

All that money has now dried up, literally. The Clinton Foundation has had a hard time raising money because they don’t have the influence to sell. They don’t have power access to sell, and that, I think, is the primary evidence for what the Clinton enterprise was all about.”

Anyone with half a brain knows how corrupt the Clintons have been for decades.They have never faced prosecution and that worries me more than their corruption.

Posts: 12743 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chelsea may have to really get a job. Welcome to McDonalds May I take your order?

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Former President Truman once said that “Any politician who gets rich while in office is a crook”.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
She better hurry and write a gutsy book before she goes dead broke.
Her and Chelsea just did and it’s only nineth on the best seller list.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
Former President Truman once said that “Any politician who gets rich while in office is a crook”.

What about one that actually gets a little less wealthy because of it? Like President Trump.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by satch:

What about one that actually gets a little less wealthy because of it? Like President Trump.

That's the mark of integrity.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:

Well, they surely had enough in the bank from previous years to cover the shortfall this time. But that wouldn't be sustainable year after year.

For those of us who routinely deal with financial statements, the Clinton Foundation's situation isn't unusual. Trying to describe their 2017 financials in somewhat simple terms:

$26M donation & grant revenue
$23M income from investments
$ 7M other revenue
-----
$56M combined revenue

$43M program service costs
$17M administration & fund raising costs
-----
$60M combined expenses

$4M loss for the year

The fund has assets of:
$ 10M cash
$ 92M property
$185M investments
$ 38M pledges for future years
$ 4M other assets
------
$329M combined assets

And minimal debt of $6M

It does appear that the foundation has lost much of its former size. But at the end of 2017, it can survive a long time with years such as 2017.

Posts: 7894 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It'll only become a problem, when there's not enough revenue to cover private jet travel.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post