SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Harley Davidson went woke? Say it ain't so!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harley Davidson went woke? Say it ain't so! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Shovelhead:
I cant say if the dealer has checked that sensor specifically. But I will damn sure find out!
Thanks for the tip!
What would be the fix? Replace the sensor?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16410 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Very Likely a sensor replacement would do the trick. You might consider joining the Pan America Forum and see what they believe the problem might be.

https://www.panamericaforums.com

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
H-D has become more concerned in the last few years even before Covid of wanting to see taillights, in other words pushing iron out the door.

When I started in Harley circa 1999 I could still get a lot of parts for mid 60’s bikes through the MoCo. Not so much anymore even with mid 2000’s bikes, fortunately the aftermarket has stepped up.

As I said earlier on, many dealers refuse to work on anything more than ten years old. Something’s I can see their point but even down to tires and brakes they refuse to touch them.

Brand loyalty, not so much anymore with buyers. Gone are the days of the old time biker with the serial numbers of his old bikes inked on his arm. One of my old customers had maybe five or six on his forearm, that’s loyalty. Those are the ones that kept the MoCo going through the lean years, the poor product years.

I’m seeing a lot of “turn and burn” staff in dealerships especially sales staff. It was “funny” to see a new salesperson have to push a bike or find a Porter to ride it on the lot as they couldn’t without a cycle endorsement, insurance regulations. And having no clue about riding, many had never been on a sport bike, trail bike, any bike, never mind a Harley.

The store I was at was scheduled to have diversity training, I quit before that was implemented. Personally I didn’t care what anybody’s sexual orientation was, their ethnic background, what they identified as. I was there to fill their parts request, get their bike back on the road, nothing more, nothing less.

I bailed on that two years ago and no desire to reenter that field.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8410 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YooperSig,

Have them check the harness back as far as possible, bad connection, broken wire, rodent damage, loose wire terminal together with the sensor. The sensor, probably the only thing that can be done is to replace it as it may be an internal failure with no outward sign.

I’d say Cam Sensor but that I would assume should trigger a Service Engine lamp with a associated trouble code.

One more SWAG have them verify the ignition switch is good.

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8410 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Yeah none of the people I've bought bikes from at two dealers around here are employed there, one bounced from dealer to dealer, typical of sales people, but is out of the bike world now, saw him at a night bike event at the defunct Ace Cafe and he was selling something else. Still riding HD though.

Twin Cam came out in 99/00, the M8 in 17/18 so it had an 18 year run hard to believe the M8 is now 7 years in production.

The MoCo's push for mega dealers and upgraded facilities still goes on, a couple of friends run a dealer in KS/MO and were talking about they had only a few years on the current building and were having to paint it again to stay in spec with HD demands. So yeah the old school biker places are gone.

Ocala HD was one of the last old school places here, pure hard core biker with a huge field in the back they had outlaw biker meets, with all the things you see in pictures of those things, wild times for them, long gone.

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Shovelhead!
And I have used info from the Pan America Forum a couple of times to troubleshoot on my own.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16410 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HRK,

One of the reasons I left was that the dealership I worked for sold out to a dealer group.
Nice thing about being retired is that if something goes on that I don’t like I can move on. And that’s what happened.

posted Hide Post
This came out last week, it's about vlogger Robby Starbuck and his latest attack on HD.

One Man’s Campaign Against DEI
quote:
In the past three months, Robby Starbuck has fueled social-media attacks that have led to two companies rolling back their diversity initiatives. He is part of a larger movement that is pushing back against diversity, equity and inclusion policies at companies.

Posts: 15109 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post