SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Only in Canada, Eh?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Only in Canada, Eh? Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
apparently posting a video of a porch pirate stealing your packages off your deck is a violation of their privacy

really, and I thought the FBI were buffoons

from this site...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...es-violation-privacy

and their reasoning in Quebec is that 'You cannot post the images yourself because you have to remember, in Canada, we have a presumption of innocence,' the police officer warned

yeah, so does the same apply to cameras in banks photographing a bank robber or a shoplifter in a package store?

The RCMP make the FBI look like Rhodes Scholars when it comes to law enforcement

protect the criminal, leave the victim helpless

time to take the law into our own hands, the cops won't do squat apparently in the off chance they hurt the criminals feelings

Posts: 53236 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Really? Surely this is in jest or a misunderstanding. It goes beyond stupid. It leaves one speechless with the level of incomprehensibility of such a policy.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12761 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Really? Surely this is in jest or a misunderstanding. It goes beyond stupid. It leaves one speechless with the level of incomprehensibility of such a policy.
It's much worse than that.
Thing is they're not saying it's a "policy", they're saying it's the LAW. Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Beyond idiotic!

People should post them anyway, but not say anything about the porch pirates.

“Got a new Ring camera. Do you think I focused it properly?”

“I tried to angle the view towards the street and my car.”

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 571 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Liberals are implementing such insane policies that satire writers are having a hard time dreaming up stuff so stupid that liberals haven't already done it.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23319 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Pardon my ignorance but should the front porch of YOUR home not considered YOUR property? Is it not trespassing or something like that? I’m not well versed in the legal lingo.
Is there not a manifest intention of relieving the home owner of their mail/boxes/whatchamacallits (and recorded proof of it, admissible or not?

WTF?

Stupid me, always thought cameras were mostly useless at protecting but maybe useful at providing video for prosecution or at least IDing the law breaker.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12141 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Pardon my ignorance but should the front porch of YOUR home not considered YOUR property? Is it not trespassing or something like that? I’m not well versed in the legal lingo.
Is there not a manifest intention of relieving the home owner of their mail/boxes/whatchamacallits (and recorded proof of it, admissible or not?

So you would think. The evil in this world is making it easy for the criminals to always have the upper hand and legal system on their side.

Posts: 6904 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The RCMP apparently has some ‘gestapo’ genes in their DNA.

I think that I first saw this on Truth Social the other day where they arrest, threaten, manhandle and intimidate and older reporter who was questioning Chrystia Freeland.

Link to yootoob -

Journalist David Menzies Arrested While Scrumming Chrystia Freeland

As you can imagine this incident is somewhat disturbing and has created quite a controversy and spurned righteous outrage.

There is now a lot of ‘commentary’ out on the interwebz on this.

Posts: 3495 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been pretty disappointed in Canadian law enforcement for quite some time. Do we have any Canadian cops on SF? I would love to hear what they have to say about what they are dealing with on the job.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16124 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I'm old enough to remember when the RCMP and FBI were well respected organizations.
What the hell happened?

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1697 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
But, wait. There's more.

https://nationalpost.com/opini...ents-wont-have-a-say

quote:
In an email, I asked the BCCSU: i) why the fentanyl protocols made no reference to parents; ii) what would the organization say to parents who do not want their children to receive “safe” fentanyl; iii) whether the BCCSU believes that drug-addicted youth can provide informed consent regarding “safe” fentanyl; and iv) what can parents do if they believe that their children are being harmed by safer supply fentanyl?

The BCCSU did not respond to these queries, despite generally answering other emails of mine over the past year.

If the province is going to dole out recreational fentanyl to minors, it should probably have strong evidence backing this decision — but apparently it doesn’t.

Canada has been a go-to vacation spot for my family for the last 10 years. I'm going to reevaluate that practice.

Posts: 7547 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I've had some very unpleasant experiences with the RCMP myself. Ran out of diesel once on the Alcan, it took HOURS before anyone would stop and help. An American of course. Twice RCMP drove right past despite my waving and hood raised.

Second RCMP experience was when I took my right toes and pointed them backwards up in the Northwest territories. RCMP cancelled my life flight that was inroute for me and a second person, despite the on-site medic emphasizing that both myself and my buddy were critical and needed the flight. We're Americans, they said they couldn't afford the funds (even though we both had coverage that would pay for it). The medic was also an American (actually a combat EMT/Navy Corpsman). We had to physically stop the RCMP from performing his own version of care (wanted to remove safety gear on compound fractures). He finally got pissed at all of us, a crowd of maybe 10 people by then, cancelled the flight and just drove off.

I'm kinda in the camp of F the RCMP. Those are just my personal experiences with their incompetence and assholish ways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post