SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun magazine dimensions specifically.45 acp.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun magazine dimensions specifically.45 acp. Login/Join 
posted
Is there any chance at all that that there is another single stack .45 acp pistol mag that has the same dimensions ?

Front to back , side to side ?

The mag I am trying match is a Ruger P90.

The reason I am wondering is
I'd like to order mag sleeves from Ammo armor and
They don't offer sleeves for them.

Has anyone tried a different mag in their P90 ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only possible match I could think of would be a mag for an S&W 4506.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
What is a mag "sleeve?" Pouch/carrier on your belt?
quote:
Front to back , side to side ?

That would be dictated, I would think, by the dimensions of the cartridge. A magazine for a single-column .45 would be, if not identical, at least similar or very close, within a few hundredths of inches, between makes of guns.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.ammoarmor.com

It is a sleeve that covers the mag for pocket carry, or for range bag or box.

I use them in my pants pocket, my vest or center console.

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Yooper,
I checked the Web site,
I guess the company is too new for my P90 or the #4506.

I am trying to avoid sending him a mag for fit.

It's very expensive for him for him to have another die made for my obscure pustole.

posted Hide Post
What a great idea. I often carry an extra mag in a pocket. Which means of course that I also suffer from torn pockets. This product will prevent that. Thanks Bendable.

Posts: 5743 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Perhaps sneding the manufacturer the dimensions of the mag you want cover, on the chance that he already has something that may be close enough?

If a little bigger, you could try shimming with some slick flexible material to get a tight fit.

Posts: 6484 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only caveat that I've found with this product is that it takes two hands to extricate the mag from the sleeve.

One to grasp the sleeve another to pull on the mag.

No where near as fast as a belt mounted mag carrier

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I guess the company is too new for my P90 or the #4506.

I am trying to avoid sending him a mag for fit.

It's very expensive for him for him to have another die made for my obscure pustole.
Even though they haven't been made since 2010 (as I understand it), there are a lot of P90's out there. Probably just not enough that he's had requests for a pocket carry magazine sleeve. I have several friends that own them, and they carry extra mags on their waistband.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6215 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I did a quick search on pocket magazine holders and found this. It seems to be a universal fit velcro and carbon fiber thing. Maybe worth looking at.

Mag Mate— Carbon Fiber & Velcro Magazine Pouch — Small Pouch for Ammo Storage — Discrete Single Pistol Mag Pouch — Compatible with Most Gun Magazines — Gun Accessories

Posts: 3385 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure on the Ruger P90, but in dimensions the 1911 and SIG P220 magazines are about the same in Height, width, and thickness. So much so they will fit into the magazine well, but not lock in because of different magazine catch designs.

So, I would say, that the Ruger would be og similar dimensions.

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Clinger products have been great for me.

Clinger mag pouch link

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Does the sleeve have to be from Ammo armor?

A quick internet search shows that there is a wide variety of magazine sleeves being offered by several manufactures and the majority of them seem to be universal fit for single stack and double stack mags.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2090 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll exhaust all possibilities prior to considering the other options,

If I have to send him a mag, so be it.
I know I don't want belt carry or cloth.

Called Sturm Ruger , no help there.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Bendable, you'll have an email shortly.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
If you don't have the message shortly, bendable, please just email me and I'll get right back to you. Smile

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I dug out my micrometer ,

Would someone be willing to mic their
1911 mag ?

Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
bendable,
I dug out one 1911 magazine, and one SIG P220-1 magazine and measured them for you.
Measurements taken as if you were holding a pistol ready to fire.

1.370" Front to Rear
0.545" Left to Right
4.5" measured up the back spine, base pad to top of feed lips at the rear of the magazine

SIG P220-1
1.370" Front to Rear
0.545" Left to Right
5.0" measured up the back spine, base pad to top of feed lips at the rear of the magazine

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1545 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much,
Now, any
Clue as where to look for my mic ?

Big Grin

Wink

Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Sorry, that I can't help you with.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1545 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post