SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Posting from DuckDuckGo app problems?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Posting from DuckDuckGo app problems? Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
I moved from Safari on my iPhone to DuckDuckGo. But I can’t post or start a thread from the app. I get “about:blank” at the top of a blank page.

Anyone know a fix? Given Apple threats against Parler I don’t want to use their browser.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to duplicate your problem on my iPad.

I clicked on Duck Duck Go and opened a blank page and typed in SigForum.com.

I then logged in with my user name and password.

I clicked on reply to your post.

The first time it opened a blank page.

I clicked on reply again and this time it opened the SigForum message box.

I’m not sure if this helps you or not.

It’s possible I didn’t understand your problem in the first place.

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried again to duplicate your problem and this time I opened SigForum from DuckDuckGo...

I clicked on New in the Lounge and again the first time got a blank page.

Feeling more confident I clicked on New a second time and this time it opened up a new topic.

If at first you don’t succeed: Try, Try Again.

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
It works! Pain in the ass to do it twice. But thanks for the fix!

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I use DDG (within Safari), but I don't have their mobile app. Is there no setting somewhere that allows you to set any open page as your home page?

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10788 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post