SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Katy is 80 and she needs an Oooma phone system
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Katy is 80 and she needs an Oooma phone system Login/Join 
posted
I have heard of people getting them for $29.00 $39.00 and $45.00 when they go on sale.

Neither she nor I shop on line for almost anything.

Is there a best place to buy these ?
we both have Costco accounts so we'll get two or three phones for her there.

She is only using a cell phone now , no land line.

she forgets where she lays the phone down , and forgets to charge it.

people that want to check up on her , are finding it problematic to stay appraised of her welfare , on a regular basis.

if anyone hears about a great sale on them , I'd appreciate a heads up.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54725 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Email me you mailing address I have one that is virtually brand new!
Happy New Year Katy!
problem Solved.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8403 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
W o W !
are they transferable ?

e-mail sent

Posts: 54725 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Welcome to my world, bendable.

Seniors are best with devices they grew up using. For my parents and in laws, despite the fact they want desperately to grasp technology, they simply can't. And, what they could grasp 10 years ago, now escapes them due to issues with memory. I have resorted to attaching Tile to my mom's keys and pocketbook, so we can find them when she misplaces them. She's developed an illogical paranoia about theft of her pocketbook, and has taken to hiding it in really odd places like in the fireplace, so the Tiles insure we can find them.

For reasons of portability, a cell phone is ideal for seniors, but it for all the reasons stated thus far, it sometimes isn't workable. My parents have a standard wired landline phone. Not ideal, but it's something they understand and will readily use. I still try to get them to use a cell, but if anything they're regressing on those skills. My FIL is fine with using his flip phone, but never thinks to take it with him even when driving by himself for several hours. It was never a part of his EDC routine, and no matter how much we try to retrain him, no luck so far.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seniors are best with devices they grew up using. For my parents and in laws, despite the fact they want desperately to grasp technology, they simply can't. And, what they could grasp 10 years ago, now escapes them due to issues with memory.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think the better term instead of Seniors would be those with Dementia. I see plenty of people in their eighties with excellent cognitive skills and no issues with memory. Many grasp technology very well. I see plenty of younger people with attention deficit issues and memory problems far worse than the elderly.

Posts: 17294 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
since I am new to this system ,

is there anything that I need to inform Katy of,
that will keep her out of tech trouble or
extra fee's ?