SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Various 2022 midterm election items
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Various 2022 midterm election items Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
If admins agree, this could be a thread for a variety of miscellaneous issues about the election that is one week away.

From PA:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-in-ballots-n2615319

PA Supreme Court Rules Undated Mail Ballots Can't Be Counted

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court on Tuesday sided with an argument made by Republicans in their lawsuit seeking to prevent the counting of improperly completed ballots in next week's general election, throwing out a lower court's ruling that would have allowed PA election officials to count absentee and mail-in ballots that were not correctly dated and signed.

the "Pennsylvania county boards of elections are hereby ordered to refrain from counting any absentee and mail-in ballots received for the November 8, 2022 general election that are contained in undated or incorrectly dated outer envelopes."

The PA Supreme Court also in its ruling directed "the Pennsylvania county boards of elections segregate and preserve any ballots contained in undated or incorrectly dated outer envelopes" and noted that the "Court is evenly divided on the issue of whether failing to count such ballots violates 52 U.S.C. §10101(a)(2)(B)."

Pennsylvania law requires that "a voter who uses an absentee or mail-in ballot 'shall...fill out, date and sign the declaration' printed on the outer envelope of the ballot." The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has previously upheld that law, ruling any absentee or mail-in ballot that does not comply with the law "is invalid and cannot be counted in any election after the 2020 general election." In addition, Pennsylvania's official election information portal explicitly explains that ballots submitted without the declaration section on the return envelope properly completed "will not be counted."

Pennsylvania's acting Secretary of State was directing local officials to include ballots that were not properly filled out, signed, and dated despite SCOTUS' recent decision to vacate the Third Circuit opinion that sought to allow the counting of improperly completed mail-in or absentee ballots.

Earlier in October, the Secretary of State's office was tweeting that local officials were "expected to include undated ballots in their official returns for the Nov election," guidance that the PA Supreme Court has now superseded with its order for incorrectly dated or undated ballots to be excluded from vote counts next week.

all that remains to be seen is whether local officials abide by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court's order to "segregate" incorrectly dated or undated ballots and exclude them from their Election Day tallies or whether they continue to take existing guidance from the Department of State that runs opposite Tuesday's ruling from Pennsylvania's Supreme Court.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

amazing - local officials might ignore PA Supreme Court. And they want us to believe the 2020 election wasn't rigged for Biden

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Senate race in Arizona

Incumbent DEM Mark Kelly versus REP Blake Masters

Masters and Kelly are in a very close race

The libertarian candidate in Arizona’s Senate race, Marc Victor, has dropped out a week before Election Day. Victor endorsed Masters

Republican gubernatorial candidate for Arizona is Kari Lake who seems poised to beat Democrat Katie Hobbs

Victor’s endorsement, the GOP momentum heading into Election Day, and Lake’s surge in the polls should help Blake eke out a win, but it’s going to be tight.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...senate-seat-n2615360

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Victor’s endorsement, the GOP momentum heading into Election Day, and Lake’s surge in the polls should help Blake eke out a win, but it’s going to be tight.

It shouldn't even be close but thanks to refugees from california and chicago, it's close. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13116 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Green Bay Wisconsin

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ll-watchers-n2615347

RNC Wins Election Integrity Lawsuit in Wisconsin

"In less than 24 hours, the RNC successfully sued and won in Green Bay to ensure the city’s Democrat election officials follow the law on the books in Wisconsin,"

the Green Bay Clerk will have to let them in the room to observe. We are grateful the court granted a swift and decisive victory for Wisconsinites, and the RNC will continue to fight for election transparency across the country," McDaniel added.

"the City Clerk for the City of Green Bay has been prohibiting members of the public from observing all aspects of the in-person absentee ballot voting process that has been underway since October 25, 2022 at the office of the City Clerk for the City of Green Bay."

Green Bay City Clerk Celestine Jeffreys

Jeffreys "has restricted observers to a small area of her office, where they can only observe electors coming into her office to check-in, register to vote, and obtain an in-person absentee ballot—but they are expressly prohibited from observing any aspect of the voting process that takes place in the public hallway including, but not limited to, the witness certification process and depositing the in-person absentee ballot in the ballot box."

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
In a big surprise, the NH senate seat is rated "toss up". This was expected to be a safe DEM seat

The incumbent is DEM Maggie Hassan. The REP candidate is Gen Don Bolduc

https://www.breitbart.com/midt...ablishment-policies/

Wed night debate:

When the moderator asked about soaring prices at the grocery, Hassan said her husband “gasped” at the sticker price for eggs.

Bolduc: “That’s her fault,” “She should gasp at it. She owns four homes from Washington, DC, to New Hampshire. She is a multi-millionaire.”

Gen. Bolduc also stated he would not have voted for the massive spending that Hassan supported during the pandemic, which fueled inflation.

Hassan had no response to the assertion that experts say her votes have fueled inflation.

Gen. Bolduc continued to slam Hassan about soaring prices. “You can’t even buy a house, you can’t even rent property, you can’t even feed your children, you can’t even heat your home. That is the ultimate tax.”

Hassan has refused to oppose the Biden administration’s “catch and release” illegal immigration policy. Moreover, she also opposed former President Donald Trump’s “Remain in Mexico” policy that President Joe Biden ended.

Bolduc was asked which world leader he admires. Gen. Bolduc responded, “I’m not gonna say I admire anybody right now. The world needs a lot of work.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Someone tried to hit Bolduc before the debate. The person was arrested

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Good thread, sdy. Thanks for starting it.

One of the biggest things for me right now is we are once again already being warned that we won't know the results on election night and to be prepared to wait days and maybe weeks to know who won. Shameful and obvious malfeasance.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Democrat Katie Hobbs blamed Kari Lake and Republicans for the break-in of her campaign headquarters. Turns out the chief suspect is an illegal alien accused of break ins in various offices.

And I'll bet she doesn't even apologize for her shit.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...d-blame-on-kari-lake

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

No, of course not. But what's so great and satisfying about Kari Lake is the way she took the media to task right to their faces for running with this false story immediately after Hobbs' campaign reported it to them. Kari Lake just eviscerates the media at every opportunity.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
The day the break-in was reported last week, Hobbs refused to comment on it. She was pressed several times and flat out said she would not discuss it. WTF? I guess she had to wait for the DNC talking points on the matter. And then she and they still got it wrong. Maybe someone will commit a random act of journalism and ask her to comment on the real perp. Her response would be great.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Have you noticed the push of "It takes time to count the vote, don't expect results on election night." Saw an "ad" online last night expressing that.

Amazing how we were able to count the votes in one night for generations, now that we have computers we can't.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Good thread, sdy. Thanks for starting it.

One of the biggest things for me right now is we are once again already being warned that we won't know the results on election night and to be prepared to wait days and maybe weeks to know who won. Shameful and obvious malfeasance.

Another thing in the same category - Pushing Turtle McConnell is trying to put some English on Senate elections in order to shore up his own power base as Majority Leader and the Elitists power in the GOP generally.

First he blathered some crap about a month ago about how the success of MAGA candidates in the primaries meant that he'd given up all hope of Republicans winning the Senate. Now he's sabotaging individual candidates by withdrawing from team efforts to help all Republicans on the ballot - such as withdrawing millions of dollars in advertising spending from New Hampshire right as Bolduc is getting within range of taking out Hassan.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ampshire-senate-race

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Election_ink

"Electoral ink, indelible ink, electoral stain or phosphoric ink is a semi-permanent ink or dye that is applied to the forefinger (usually) of voters during elections in order to prevent electoral fraud such as double voting. It is an effective method for countries where identification documents for citizens are not always standardised or institutionalised. "

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Fuck that shit. The Republican Party leaders better be on the ball and screaming bloody murder. As a matter of fact, I want them to be as passionate as that meme person wearing a yellow jacket shouting "Not my president" when Trump was elected.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

Another thing in the same category - Pushing Turtle McConnell is trying to put some English on Senate elections in order to shore up his own power base as Majority Leader and the Elitists power in the GOP generally.

First he blathered some crap about a month ago about how the success of MAGA candidates in the primaries meant that he'd given up all hope of Republicans winning the Senate. Now he's sabotaging individual candidates by withdrawing from team efforts to help all Republicans on the ballot - such as withdrawing millions of dollars in advertising spending from New Hampshire right as Bolduc is getting within range of taking out Hassan.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ampshire-senate-race

Does he have to be the leader when Republicans take the majority?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Have you noticed the push of "It takes time to count the vote, don't expect results on election night." Saw an "ad" online last night expressing that.

Amazing how we were able to count the votes in one night for generations, now that we have computers we can't.

Here's one:

I read that Steve Bannon has a posse of people monitoring in AZ, PA, WIS, etc. We'll see.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Does he have to be the leader when Republicans take the majority?
No, but unfortunately, he probably will be.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

Give them a break, the donkey needs to figure out how many votes they are behind, then they have to scour various car trunks for missing ballots until enough are found. It could take six or seven recounts to achieve this. Mad

Posts: 3149 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I just want some GOP candidate, somewhere to say the following:

My #1 job is to impeach Joe & the Ho. My second job is to dismantle everything the Demoncrats have put in place since Jan 2021 and my third job is to fight them to the death over any new libtard legislation they have in mind. PERIOD.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Virginia has 11 members in the House of Representatives.

4 are REP, 7 are DEM

This year VA Congressional districts 2, 7 and 10 have incumbent DEMs

CD 2 has a good chance of being won by the REP challenger

CD 7 is a "toss up". Between the DEM incumbent and the REP challenger over $25 million has gone into their campaigns

This is huge for a VA Congressional District Race. National REP organizations and national DEM organizations have pumped in big $

CD 10 is considered leaning DEM

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Democrat Katie Hobbs blamed Kari Lake and Republicans for the break-in of her campaign headquarters. Turns out the chief suspect is an illegal alien accused of break ins in various offices.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...d-blame-on-kari-lake

Not smart enough to realize that the burglar was one of very own most valued constituents.

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post