SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My wife threw away my canteen cup
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My wife threw away my canteen cup Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
It was an honest mistake, of course. It looked like hell, all blackened up and sitting in a box full of junk in the garage.

Anyway, I found one online and ordered it- not one of these Asian knockoffs you find on Amazon, but a US government contract example. I may never again need a canteen cup but it's basic kit.

The first place I tried to order from, the cart system kept giving me a weird error, so I called this place and ended up having a brief conversation with the rudest son of a bitch who's ever drooled on a telephone. I told him of the error I was receiving and he told me "That guy is not in today." I asked what he meant and he said "That guy is not in his cubbyhole today." Oh, that clears things up, thanks. Roll Eyes Go back to sleep, idiot.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you needed the "computer guy" to ask you, "did you try a different browser?" and "did you try rebooting?"

Posts: 6475 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Holy moly! I just got through a two hour ordeal on the phone with two people who couldn't find a clue if it were chilled and inserted rectally.

By sheer luck I found a number for a department I hoped might be able to help and I was blessed by a fellow who knew his stuff AND saved me quite a few dollars.

Sorry you got the idiot on duty Para.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Well hell, if you would have just asked me - I would've be no help at all since I don't have one to send you and I don't know where order one online.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1367 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the guy you spoke with should be lining up for my class on “how to use a broom”, soon.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When I call a business with an inquiry, I don't just launch into it. A brief exchange of pleasantries is in order. When I asked this guy how he was doing, he took a couple of extra seconds to say "fine" with an annoyance that said "Fuck you, I was sleeping."

He didn't bother to offer to take the order over the phone, or even tell me if such was possible. Quite frankly, his behavior was begging for a punch in the mouth, and I do think I really woke up this slug.

Yeah, I get it- use the website for orders. Yeah, it doesn't work, shit head.

posted Hide Post
I can look around in my piles of surplus and see if I have an extra lying around. If I do it is yours.

Posts: 4058 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Military Depot up the street from me has them.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thanks, one is already on the way.

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I’ve had very good customer service over phone with Venture Surplus and Coleman’s Surplus. I always check with them first as a result.

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Home Depot did this to me recently. Item "in stock" online, tried to order it but could not get through the checkout screen.

Called customer service, they tried and same issue. Sent me to another person, same issue again. Got a supervisor "Must be a glitch online, sorry" is all I got from them before being disconnected. Mad

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Cubbyhole?

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Cubbyhole?

It's a technical term.

Posts: 10753 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
Yeah, you needed the "computer guy" to ask you, "did you try a different browser?" and "did you try rebooting?"

You have worked with/for the government, haven't you? Big Grin

Posts: 13115 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
We have a section here on SF just for this kind of rant…

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/230601935

;-)

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6318 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Lowe's. She wanted a new Christmas tree. Found the one she liked and they did not have it in stock. Can you order it? Sure! Whoops, can't order it because we do not know when we will be getting another shipment. ???????

Home. Lowe's on line. Ordered. Delivered two days later.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's the state of things in terms of initial phone contacts with customer service representatives these days. Lazy and incompetent. No motivation or desire to assist customers. Just say whatever you need to say to get that pesky customer off the phone.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Our home phone went out over the weekend and I tried to find AT&T's number for reporting it and spent probably 20 minutes on line and finally dialed a customer support number... when you google all you get it adds to sell you a wireless system or such... then with the number I called I spent 10 minutes in computer hell... the good news is it finally sent me to a real person, now this was some foreign lady but she was nice and actually could speak English... the only problem was 5 or 8 minutes in she needed my pin # for the account of which I did not have a clue... so we tried my favorite singer... which I guessed was Bob Dylan .... yes, I know he really can't sing... but it worked. Finally we got to the good part... they will send someone out.. .but the next available appointment is Friday (Tomorrow) 5 days to fix the phone... the 'good' news is I get a credit for the loss of the phone line... $16 yippie!

Para... I would have sent you a cup... I have a couple just sitting around.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to know where you sourced this quality made canteen cup as most are junk.

Posts: 1745 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Looks like they now have ones made of stainless steel:

https://www.amazon.com/Goetlan...a-557130545037&psc=1

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post