SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Training log: My human girl is making progress
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Training log: My human girl is making progress Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
Training log:

The girl is making progress. I had to show her several times, but she is finally getting the hang of 'Scratch my back'. I'll keep working with her, maybe a treat or 2 next time will help.

-Gunner (training my daughter)

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qLMxQQXgWk

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BamaJeepster,

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Smart dog

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23654 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Smart dog

Extremely smart. He's a hoot.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
Too funny! I love dogs. They are so much smarter than most people realize.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OldMick:
Too funny! I love dogs. They are so much smarter than most people realize.

Gunner is too smart for his own good sometimes! Smile

- John Adams

Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Heeler?

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Funny, yes.

But don't let him be the boss.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyD:
Heeler?

Yes indeed!

- John Adams

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Funny, yes.

But don't let him be the boss.

If she told him 'No' or 'Sit' he would stop. He minds...coffeeaddict was a shelter manager for about 10 years and taught behavioral and training classes.

- John Adams

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Thanks! The gif that keeps on giving Smile

- John Adams

Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Heelers are super smart dogs. My Quigley is one smart dog. Question who docked the tail? Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Anchor:
Heelers are super smart dogs. My Quigley is one smart dog. Question who docked the tail? Chris

It was docked before we got him. He comes from working stock and the owners docked all their tails before ever weaning or selling.

I've never seen a harder working, more intense, loyal and willing to please dog in my life...and I've pretty much always had a dog since I was a kid.

- John Adams

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the first smile of the day!

Posts: 866 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post