SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I just deleted myself from social media
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just deleted myself from social media Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
From your original post stickman428:

quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
hell ...

... shit ...

....fucking.....

Fuck .... Fuck em

.... bullshit. ... Fuck....
]

If I was Zukerburg I would ban you just for your trashy mouth.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
You need to create a social media platform, it sounds like you’ve got what it takes to give the competitors hell.....ehh I mean heck

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21130 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was actually one of the early users of the platform back when it required a .edu email to sign up. I think it was still in beta when I first started.

I left Facebook 4 years ago for the last time. I thought it would be harder to disconnect than it was, but realized after a day or two that I was much happier after deleting it. I also realized that I prefer speaking with friends on the phone and meeting up in person over scrolling through profiles.

Mark Zuckerberg's vision of friendship and social reality differs from the way people are meant to interact. I think you will find that you will be way less distracted and more in touch with true friends and family outside of Facebook.

Posts: 716 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I disconnected from Facebook for a few years after a heated argument with a liberal family member. I didn’t miss it much.

I’m contemplating a way to still get news updates from the racing teams and riders I enjoy following on social media. The actual news aspect of social media in regards to new products, races, outcomes of events etc is what I will miss most. It’s a damn good advertising platform and not much else.

The actual “social” part of Facebook is not appealing to me at all. I like that I was able to modify a news feed to only cover stuff I care about from all over the world. I cannot think of a suitable replacement currently. Though I do believe much like CNN Facebook harvests rage and painstakingly finds things it knows will infuriate you and places those things all over your news feed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21130 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
For those who absolutely need a social media platform, there is a small startup, oneway.com that promises to never restrict or censor your posts.

I doubt it will ever overtake FakeBook, but at least it's an open medium.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oneway.com does not appear to be working.
But I agree that the solution seems to be competition.

The further problem, however, is that Liberals feel morally justified (and even morally-mandated) to simply $hit all over any discussions or websites that allow conservative thoughts to be expressed. So, for example, specifically conservative discussion areas on DISQUS, etc, get overrun with chaos.

Sometimes post deletions and bannings are "community controlled" rather than moderator controlled. In that case, Liberals quickly figure that out and simply "report" or "downvote" opinions not in conformance with the echo chamber until the poster is banned.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Never felt the need to join fuckedbook.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
A lot of the guys here are old enough not to have to deal with this, but it's getting to the point that if you apply for a job, and don't have a social network history, it's going to be look suspicious. Of course, having a history that shows traits that a prospective employer doesn't like can also cost you a job.

I guess it is fortunate, then, that I do not have to look for a job. Why? Because my sole contact with social media is here in this forum.

Never could get into that crap on facebook, etc.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
oneway.com does not appear to be working.
But I agree that the solution seems to be competition.

The further problem, however, is that Liberals feel morally justified (and even morally-mandated) to simply $hit all over any discussions or websites that allow conservative thoughts to be expressed. So, for example, specifically conservative discussion areas on DISQUS, etc, get overrun with chaos.

Sometimes post deletions and bannings are "community controlled" rather than moderator controlled. In that case, Liberals quickly figure that out and simply "report" or "downvote" opinions not in conformance with the echo chamber until the poster is banned.

I just tried it and it seems to be working. At least it got me to the "sign up" page.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Twitter doesn’t make it easy to permanently delete yourself. If you are like me and haven’t touched a laptop or desktop in years and do most everything from your phone you have to figure out how to get the browser into desktop mode.

It took me next to no time to start a twitter account on my phone. When it came to properly deleting Twitter it took MUCH MUCH MUCH LONGER.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
This forum is my only form of social media.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post