SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our Chief is a street cop
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Chief is a street cop Login/Join 
Picture of Sailor1911
posted
Video of Chief Ramsey taking down a clown on his morning commute.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
what video's that then?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.kake.com/story/430...ckles-man-on-kellogg

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 172 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Good job, Chief!

quote:
Chief Ramsay posted a picture on Facebook saying he needed to replace his favorite pair of pants after the incident.

"The one day I don’t wear a uniform and have on my favorite pants is the day I have to tackle a man trying to get in people’s cars on Kellogg."

Ha! Ain't that always how it goes...

One of my first foot pursuits involved me chasing a dude while wearing a new suit and some dress shoes, having just gotten out of court. (Luckily, no damage to the suit, as he just laid down when I caught up to him.)

Posts: 32521 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
what video's that then?

Whoops, set it up and didn't OK it, dumbass!

I think he's going to get a standing "O" when he next speaks at our Crime Commission Monthly Briefing meeting.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Cars came with those locks...you didn’t have to pay extra for them...use ‘em. You never know when some drug addled feral human may want a ride.

Good for the Chief, I know my former department's head employee wouldn’t have done that.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11288 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Cars came with those locks...you didn’t have to pay extra for them...use ‘em.

So many crimes would be avoided if this simple rule was followed.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Cars came with those locks...you didn’t have to pay extra for them...use ‘em.

So many crimes would be avoided if this simple rule was followed.

It is a little bit like shooting your friend in the knee with a jetfire - you don't have to outrun the bear, just outrun his other entree. You don't have to have such awesome security on your car that nobody can get in, just use the ordinary locks so that it is easier to go find the car of some fool who didn't.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice work Chief! My chief would totally do that...even in his late 50s/early 60s with two replacement knees he's still a badass. He's actually been covering quite a few road shifts lately since guys have been out with Covid.

Posts: 8578 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is he also a master chef?

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Probably would have gone down the same way in Orlando, when Val Demings was Chief.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30687 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As of noon yesterday, there were donations totaling $110 to buy the Chief a new pair of pants - proud of our community!

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 172 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Our Spokane County Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich would defiantly do that or at least try. He may not catch the guy at his age but damn well would try.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
It speaks well not only for the Chief, but for the community that approved his appointment. People get the kind of police and law enforcement services they deserve.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10203 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
I've been down that highway lots of times. WPD doesn't seem to mess around with stuff

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
That’s great. Mine doesn’t even carry his gun...

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Police Chief would have asked the perp for a date.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Refreshing to see that we still have police chiefs like that left.

Posts: 516 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: October 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post