SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thanks SIGforum, you made my dinner taste better.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks SIGforum, you made my dinner taste better. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Made Spatchcock Chicken for the first time ever. Tatertod and others have given this method praise. I've learned to listen when tatertod talks grilling/food. I now reverse sear my steaks, have a yummy as jus recipe, and own Thermapen and Smoke thermometers. Add to that a new favorite way to cook chickens.

I used Food Wishes' recipe. I couldn't find the peppers he used so I substituted green chilies (hot variety) and a few sprinkles of cayenne powder. I also added a little pepper.

What I ended up with was the best tasting and best cooked chicken I've ever had in my life. Legs and thighs cooked properly and tender juicy breasts. I can not recommend this method and recipe any more, it's outstanding.

Now just to figure out what to make of the leftovers, any suggestions? I have a breast, two thighs and carcass left.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/zeccgI74Kuc

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20848 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Wrong section, mods please move to lounge.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20848 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
No, keep it here. I'm feeling triggered by the consistency of your mashed potatoes. Razz

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Wrong section, mods please move to lounge.

Dude, what's your deal? Posting pictures like that. Now I'm hungry and dinner isn't for another hour. Big Grin

Posts: 11028 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leftovers, chicken noodle soup or chicken and noodles.

Looks tasty!

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
And broccoli! Broccoli and Brussels sprouts are my favorite veggies (since tomatoes are fruit).

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9014 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Leftovers, chicken noodle soup or chicken and noodles.

Looks tasty!

That is what I ended up deciding on, making stock now.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Nicely Done!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3768 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
As far as leftovers are concerned, how about chicken fettuccine. That really looks good. We'll have to give it a try.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Like the looks of that dinner! Gonna give it a try later this week after we run out of chili and chicken soup.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I learned about ribeye cap from you Skins so you do your fair share of sharing along with your electrical knowledge.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19721 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
As far as leftovers are concerned, how about chicken fettuccine. That really looks good. We'll have to give it a try.

Jim

Here is the same guy's link for the method of Spatchcocking chicken. Beer can chicken just got kicked to the curb, based on both the way this cooked and this debunking of beer can chicken.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Ppa1bxB89vg

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23332 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Nice post.
I also spatchcock chicken. Often.
I also reverse sear large steaks.
Have a Mk4 Thermapen but my smoker therm is a Polder, so far.
I'm also a fan of Foodwhishes and Chef John.
I even ended up w/ a BGE (much to the chagrin of LMStanding).
Coincidence that I read a lot on Sigforum?

Hell, I even have container in my pantry labled "Jesse's Babyback Rib Rub" Big Grin

Posts: 7382 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Where's the protection? That's the secret ingredient to presentation (OP last picture). Smile

Posts: 4820 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:
Where's the protection? That's the secret ingredient to presentation (OP last picture). Smile

You know what's funny, if I want to show someone a picture of something I made last night/week I have to flip through pics past the Protection pic and find one that there is no guns in. I just don't want to explain why I have a picture of a steak chilling with a 226.

---

dsiets, I think you and me would get along just fine. How did you like the rub? I have received nothing but compliments on it. My favorite of all time was "wow, this tastes like heaven in my mouth",

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
It's my favorite 'make at home' rub.

I have 2 commercial ones I like better but I don't like the price, shipping, or driving 60 min. to get them.
Being able to throw a mix together at home gives an extra lvl of satisfaction too.
Two thumbs up! Smile

Posts: 7382 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post