Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Casio DW 9052 Login/Join 
Picture of msfzoe
posted
Thinking a getting a Casio DW 9052 watch.
Any owners out there?
Comments please.

Posts: 2427 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a Pro Trek for 4-5 years now. Really like it. Only downside is that it is a large watch. I converted mine to a NATO band which makes it more comfortable and allows me to change up the look daily if I want.

Posts: 2056 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
What is the difference between the OEM band, that comes with the watch, and the NATO band?
Can you post a picture of your watch and band?
Is your watch 42mm?
Thanks

Posts: 2427 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
I have had that watch for years and it is terrific with supernatural battery life. I replaced the band with one from the dw6900 and love it.

Posts: 1097 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Casio DW 9052

I follow Nutnfancy on YouTube, and if he hasn't reviewed that particular watch, I couldn't tell you since he has done so many.

I'm a Casio fan, but since they last forever, I haven't purchased but 3 in last 20 years. My current daily wear is a Pro Trek 3043 PAW-1100, which will last me until death.

I don't like all the crap on a lot of Casio watches with the little circl things that don't do anything for me. I like a clean face with relatively large numbers.

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1216 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
I think your GTG on any Casio. I have a G-2310 from 12/2003. Still has the original battery and still going with correct time/date. I just wear it and haven't had to do anything to it. Also have a "The Band" Velcro band on it. I don't remember when but I'm sure I put it on it shortly after I got it. A little tight to install but fits well. It sits bedside more often than not now for a few years. But when I do wear it it's GTG. I hope I haven't jinxed it now by praising it.

I also had a Casio Diver and a Pathfinder before this one. Neither lasted near as long as my current one has. The Diver just quit. The Pathfinder went through a few batteries then just quit.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1310 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by msfzoe:
What is the difference between the OEM band, that comes with the watch, and the NATO band?
Can you post a picture of your watch and band?
Is your watch 42mm?
Thanks

Sorry but I'm struggling to add the crappy photo my I-potato took.
Watch is closer to 50 mm. It's a standard Pro Trek.
There are two major differences between the stock band and the NATO. Stock is black rubber and thicker. The NATO is Nylon and you can get them cheap in about any color. They are much thinner and to me more comfortable.
You basically leave the pins in the watch and the strap just slides through and the into second part of the band. Even if one pin fails it stays on the wrist.
Recommend that you YouTube it for some video examples.

I have a relatively small wrist and the stock band was almost too large.

One additional advantage is that when a NATO band gets funky I just toss it in the laundry then air dry it.

Posts: 2056 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post