SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Laptop inbound - Need help with Anti Virus
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Laptop inbound - Need help with Anti Virus Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
What trusted website can I go to download Malwarebytes?

Malwarebytes.com

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bayouman
posted Hide Post
Been using AVG and Malwarebytes for 10 years plus. It is manual but works great, never a problem.

Bayouman
Never let the enemy pick the battle site.

Posts: 727 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana  | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
You don't need any antivirus stuff with Windows. Absolutely nothing can go wrong go wrong go wrong go wrong go wrong go wrong go wrong go wrong go wrong go wrong go wrong go wrong go wrong go wrong go wrong

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I bought a new laptop a few months ago

my older unit (still have an ancient dell) runs AVG, Malwarebytes and superantispyware,

I run SAS every few weeks, and malwarebytes if I feel a need or something flags,

the IT guy I got the new machine from has it set up for Window's defender, and CCleaner,

he helped me fix a printer/wifi issue not long ago and saw the icons for SAS and told me to get rid of it, it was not needed,

I still have not, but may switch my ancient dell over to win 10 and windows defender,

(It is an old i7 business machine,, should handle if fine)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10423 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Windows Defender and Malwarebytes should be all you need.

"The box said Windows 10 or better, so I bought a Mac."

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just the built in Windows Defender on mine. Be smart about where you go, don't click on spam and chances are you'll never get a virus.

Posts: 2190 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's a Dance
Picture of daoliver
posted Hide Post
If your WiFi is old and needs replaced you could look into eero. With its 100 a year subscription to eero+ you get a few licenses for Malwarebytes. Also some sweet Adblock,network items. I love mine so far and the base station plus 1 beacon cover our whole ranch home.

I’ll be your Huckleberry
SP2022, G27, 870P

Posts: 505 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post