SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    John Deere Gator TX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Deere Gator TX Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted
I recently purchased a used gator TX. I'm not getting charging voltage to the battery. It has a Kawasaki twin. I've located the voltage regulator. I assume I should be able to pull that plug and check for AC from the stator with the engine running but I haven't got a clue what that voltage should be going into the regulator. I can't find any (free) reference material like wiring diagrams etc. They are probably out there but I've been unsuccessful in my search. Any help is appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5690 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
I can't answer your question, but I have had good luck in the past with the people on www.mytractorforum.com - they're a pretty helpful bunch.

Posts: 1807 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
John Deere Gator TX

With the alternator hooked up, put a multi meter across both terminals and read the voltage, you should be just over 13 to 14 volts when running to charge a 12 volt battery.

Online Operators manual

http://manuals.deere.com/cceom...utput/Index.html?tM=

Posts: 23585 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I've seen that. I will pop in. I registered on the Gator forum. Not much activity or info there. Thanks for the lead.

Posts: 5690 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
John Deere Gator TX

With the alternator hooked up, put a multi meter across both terminals and read the voltage, you should be just over 13 to 14 volts when running to charge a 12 volt battery.

Online Operators manual

http://manuals.deere.com/cceom...utput/Index.html?tM=

Cha ching! Thanks.

Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
HRK, (or anyone for that matter) if you can link me to complete wiring diagrams I would appreciate it. I've got most everything worked out. Thanks again.