SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gobekli Tepe is owned by the WEF? And no one is allowed to dig there anymore?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gobekli Tepe is owned by the WEF? And no one is allowed to dig there anymore? Login/Join 
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted
There was a Joe Rogan podcast where it was revealed that the World Economic Forum owns the Gobekli Tepe site and is no longer allowing any investigations. Weird that the WEF would own Gobekli Tepe

https://x.com/BrightInsight6/s.../1808520208807842071

'veritas non verba magistri'

Posts: 4002 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
Weird that the WEF would own Gobekli Tepe

They are Godless commies who would do anything to prevent biblical truth from seeing the light of day.

Posts: 20520 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The nutjob in that video talks about the "people or things" that built the site, and he "really feels like the site has something to do with the Watchers," whatever comic book that came out of. Roll Eyes

It's not possible for me to take this jackass seriously. Adolescent fantasies. Ghost stories under the blanket with the flashlight on a sleepover.

Ridiculous puerile bullshit. Baseless speculation from someone with a room temperature IQ.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I also cannot find anything that corroborates that the WEF "owns" the site, or that it has prohibited any archaelogical excavations. For example, this website is the blog of an archeology project at the site, with an update about ongoing excavations as recently as last fall: https://www.dainst.blog/the-tepe-telegrams/

Perfect example of how you shouldn't just believe everything you hear on the interwebs, especially from folks attempting to produce a monetized product, like a podcast or video channel.

Then, toss in the fact that this video is a podcast... talking about another podcast... and the layers deepen.

Also, understand that hosts like Joe Rogan invite some people onto their shows because it will make for interesting/entertaining content, not necessarily because they're experts, or are totally correct, or are even totally believable. This wouldn't be the first time that folks like pseudoscientists or conspiracy theorists have tried to use Joe Rogan's reach to gain more of a spotlight for their outlandish claims.

Posts: 32992 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
People like this really piss me off, spewing their intelligence-insulting bullshit with a straight face. The guy needs to grow up.

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Look, this is complete bullshit. The WEF is not an entity that can "own" something. And certainly not in Turkey since the Turks are quite clear that THEY own it. It is however a very very important archeological site that is jointly controlled by Turkish, UN and other to protect it for the world.

I had a Turkish exchange student for a year and he was 1) very proud of his heritage, 2) always fascinated by the weird thoughts about America towards his country, and 3) debunked this specific thing over an hour's conversation after my father in law articulated this exact same conspiracy theory at a family conversation.

Gobekli Tepe

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 2058 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"really feels like the site has something to do with the Watchers," whatever comic book that came out of.

I didn't watch the posted video but the Watchers are referenced in the Book of Genesis and quite a bit more in the Book of Enoch.

But to suggest that the Watchers built it has about the same credibility as the arguments of a flat earther.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When the guy referred to the "people or things" that built the site, I wrote him off instantaneously, and for good.

I can't stand people as stupid and melodramatic as that. Truly, I cannot stand them. Mental midgets.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Given the weirdness that is the WEF, it wouldn't surprise me if they did have some kind of occult-like fascination for it. But not outright ownership.

Posts: 28586 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
I just like the fact that Gobekli Tepe invented BEER. So, one could say that beer is the corner stone of civilization.

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1046 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Joe Rogan = Art Bell in many podcasts.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5190 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I thought it was the summer home of the Rothschild family? And since they came from Vega . . . Anyway, they also had outings on Easter Island, and were recently seen smoking a cigarette with Trump.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3651 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
World Heritage Convention maybe?

https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1572/

Posts: 11431 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post