SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vegan faux-meat company executive arrested after biting man
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vegan faux-meat company executive arrested after biting man Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
In today's edition of "This shit writes itself...", the COO of Beyond Meat - a company dedicated to producing plant-based imitation meat products for vegetarians/vegans - has been arrested after biting another man on the nose during an altercation after a college football game.

I guess he was tired of fake meat, and hungry for some real meat. Or his aversion to consuming animal flesh apparently doesn't extend to cannibalism.

From https://www.nwahomepage.com/ne...r-razorback-stadium/

quote:
A food company executive was arrested on a pair of charges after reportedly biting a man’s nose in a parking garage in Fayetteville on Saturday night.

Doug Ramsey, 53, of Fayetteville, was arrested on September 17 on charges of terroristic threatening and third degree battery. According to a preliminary report, the incident happened at a parking garage near Razorback Stadium following Arkansas’ victory over Missouri State.

Just after 10 p.m., an officer was dispatched to Gate 15 for “a disturbance that had previously occurred in the Stadium Drive Parking Garage (SDPG).” The responding officer found “two males with bloody faces” at the scene.

The officer spoke with both parties and a witness and determined that Ramsey was allegedly in the traffic lane of the structure, attempting to leave, when a Subaru “inched his way” in front of Ramsey’s Bronco, making contact with the front passenger’s side tire. Ramsey got out of his vehicle and allegedly “punched through the back windshield of the Subaru.”

The owner of the Subaru then got out and he stated that Ramsey “pulled him in close and started punching his body.” According to the report, Ramsey also “bit the owner’s nose, ripping the flesh on the tip of the nose.”

The victim and the witness also reported hearing Ramsey “threaten to kill” the owner of the Subaru. Occupants of both vehicles got out and helped separate the parties.

Ramsey was arrested at 10:27 p.m. and booked into the Washington County jail.

According to the Tyson Foods website, Ramsey had been a member of Tyson Foods’ poultry business since 1992 and was named president of global McDonald’s business in 2019. The site also states that “Doug [was] a champion of team member safety and sits on the company’s Executive Safety Council.”

A Tyson spokesperson said that Ramsey left the company several months ago of his own accord, unrelated to this arrest. Ramsey was named the COO of Beyond Meat in December 2021.

KNWA/FOX24 reached out to Beyond Meat for comment on Ramsey’s arrest and have not received a response.

He has an appearance in Fayetteville District Court scheduled for October 19.

Cue Charlton Heston...

"Soylent Green Beyond Meat is people!"

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The places I could go with that… better dust off my halo

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1125 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Tastes like chicken?

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
In my experiences, vegetarians and vegans have always been people who suffered mightily from colds and other light (non life threatening) ailments. They've been sickly and weak. Maybe if they just ate someone's nose once in while, they'd have a better immune system?

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Nose: The other white meat

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
In my experiences, vegetarians and vegans have always been people who suffered mightily from colds and other light (non life threatening) ailments. They've been sickly and weak. Maybe if they just ate someone's nose once in while, they'd have a better immune system?

My daughter is vegetarian and her husband is vegan. They both are in pretty good health. Perhaps they are the exception that proves the rule.

They are also not militantly vegetarian/ vegan. They have no problem with me eating meat when we go out. And when we eat in, I have no problem eating vegetarian.

Funny story - Daughter's husband's parents are also vegetarian. We went over to have dinner with them a while back (a rare occurrence - I only get to visit her infrequently, and them less). In deference to me, they cooked meat - ham, pork chops. Father in law enjoyed it greatly - he was excited he was getting the chance to eat meat! I think he was more excited about that than seeing me! (They are all great people!)

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3296 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
A food company executive was arrested on a pair of charges after reportedly biting a man’s nose in a parking garage in Fayetteville on Saturday night.

That must have been some beef.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Busted his chops.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crickets can drive you crazy.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post