SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling out old rugged cross, it's your fault.....Kubota pics inside
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling out old rugged cross, it's your fault.....Kubota pics inside Login/Join 
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted
In my other thread on what I am doing in retirement or not doing depending on perspective, someone <cough> old rugged cross <cough> suggested I look into a skid steer for moving dirt. I was looking at tractors, but nooooooo, had to check out skid steers. Well, it appears that for my needs this was and now is the way to go.

Delivered this morning.......Kubota SSV65. Enclosed ROPS with HVAC, 74" bucket and hand & foot controls. No other upgrades as I just didn't see thousands more getting me more than I can use since this isnt commercial use. Put 4hrs on it today actually trying to get things done and creating messes to fix. It takes some getting used to the controls.

Posts: 2028 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
How fun now go find a huge sand box to play in. Cool hand Luke will have nothing on you in moving holes!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Sweet! BTW, ORC gave you good advice.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Very nice, I love my Kubota tractor but an SSV65 would be awesome to play (I mean WORK) with. Smile Nothing better than a skid steer for moving material around the property.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7119 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Geez...I wish I had a reason. Cool

That is the tool for most any job. Wise choice. If I was closer I'd work for you for $50 an hour. I pay you as long as I'm driving the Kubota. Big Grin

My first Kubota back in 1979 B7100 Hydro

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
You are going to have a lot of new friends

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Ok, I can't bitch about you guys costing me four figures for something, ORC cost you five.

And as deepocean said you are going to have all sorts of best friends now.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20844 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Sweet Sigo, that is an awesome skidsteer. Congrats. You are going to love it. Save for tracks, remember?

Another thing we did not talk about is counter weights. They are important depending on task's and conditions. Oh, and get some forks. A fork lift is dang handy.

Give yourself time to figure it out. You guys will will be an operator's in no time. Wink

Obviously the "gal rancher" has a ton of pull out there! Wink

That baby will serve you guys really well out there. I have no doubt. You guys will find it to be an invaluable tool in your arsenal. Again, congrats.

And yes, I am jealous like everyone else.

Hopefully you can get the little one out there again so he can play with you guys on it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19245 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Oh give me a home, with a Kubota to roam
With skid steer and a bucket to play.

...jeez jealousy and then some!

What a great time to be had ... enjoy.

Smile

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Gosh that is nice! Would like to have that model myself. Enjoy it!

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Nice toy! Congratulations!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15274 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I want one just for clearing the sidewalks of snow. With the heavy rubber lip attachment.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
How fun now go find a huge sand box to play in. Cool hand Luke will have nothing on you in moving holes!

I have 70 acres of dirt to play with, including plenty of sandy areas. Wife has some grand landscaping plans, so I'll be giving it a regular work out.

quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Ok, I can't bitch about you guys costing me four figures for something, ORC cost you five.

And as deepocean said you are going to have all sorts of best friends now.

I wasn't really ready to need it so soon, but with 60mo @ 0% I couldn't pass it up.

quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Sweet Sigo, that is an awesome skidsteer. Congrats. You are going to love it. Save for tracks, remember?

Another thing we did not talk about is counter weights. They are important depending on task's and conditions. Oh, and get some forks. A fork lift is dang handy.

Give yourself time to figure it out. You guys will will be an operator's in no time. Wink

Obviously the "gal rancher" has a ton of pull out there! Wink

That baby will serve you guys really well out there. I have no doubt. You guys will find it to be an invaluable tool in your arsenal. Again, congrats.

And yes, I am jealous like everyone else.

Hopefully you can get the little one out there again so he can play with you guys on it.

I really hope to have the grandkids out this summer to play. Already looking at building a sandbox for them. Plenty of sand around here to fill it with.

I have a couple quotes for OTT tracks. Also need a couple of attachments, but both will come in due time. I think my father in law plans on getting me a set of forks for unloading hay at his place. They have 7 horses and get 8 tons at a whack and it's getting to be much for them to unload regularly.

Thanks again for your input, it was very on target and much appreciated.

Posts: 2028 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
Geez...I wish I had a reason. Cool

That is the tool for most any job. Wise choice. If I was closer I'd work for you for $50 an hour. I pay you as long as I'm driving the Kubota. Big Grin

My first Kubota back in 1979 B7100 Hydro

If you were closer I might pay you $50hr for a bit to help me learn the finer points of operation. Big Grin

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
ORC has a knack. When I was putting up this pole barn garage the difference in price between a 1 foot overhang and a 2 ft was $600. I was going to go cheap but ORC encouraged me to get the 2 foot overhang and I'm so glad I took his advice. Smile

He should start a loan company and at least make some interest off his suggestions. Big Grin

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Good move getting 2' overhangs, they just look and work better. If they ever get started I'm going with 2' on my shop, actually 6' on the front.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7119 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
We love our L2501!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I remember that doublsharp. Your shop looks beautiful too, besides being so much more functional Wink.

That is some beautiful orange iron too Bama!

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I remember that doublsharp. Your shop looks beautiful too, besides being so much more functional Wink.

That is some beautiful orange iron too Bama!

Ridewv, go 12'or better yet 18' if you have room and can swing it Wink

Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
That is friggin SWEET!

Off to google skid steers!

Posts: 5156 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post