SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Charlie Rose committed array of sexual offenses claim EIGHT women: Exalted host 'made lewd phone calls, walked around naked and groped the breasts and
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charlie Rose committed array of sexual offenses claim EIGHT women: Exalted host 'made lewd phone calls, walked around naked and groped the breasts and Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Yep. Any man who has a private meeting with any woman at work is literally insane. Same for going out with one after work - I don't care if you are both single, there are plenty of fish in the sea. Put yourself in a situation where it is strictly your word against hers? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

You mean like Pence? You'll be accused of treating women differently.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
The liberals are being revealed as the hypocrites they have always been, and that's a good thing. As others in this thread have mentioned, the downside of this maelstrom of accusations and finger pointing is the poisoning of the workplace environment. I'm truly glad to be out of the corporate world and near retirement. If I had to be in any workplace where women were around, I would fear for my job, notwithstanding the fact that I have never groped or forced myself on any female at any place or any time.

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel

Posts: 1018 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Charlie always looked to me like a guy coming off a week long drunk.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
It's a good start.
Now if Norah O'Donnell and that irritating Gale King would get off CBS I might watch again in the mornings ... no, I wouldn't.

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GGF:
It's a good start.
Now if Norah O'Donnell and that irritating Gale King would get off CBS I might watch again in the mornings ... no, I wouldn't.

GGF

The only bigger PITA is Jane Pauley on CBS Sunday morning.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roustabout:
The liberals are being revealed as the hypocrites they have always been, and that's a good thing. As others in this thread have mentioned, the downside of this maelstrom of accusations and finger pointing is the poisoning of the workplace environment. I'm truly glad to be out of the corporate world and near retirement. If I had to be in any workplace where women were around, I would fear for my job, notwithstanding the fact that I have never groped or forced myself on any female at any place or any time.

I think we will shortly see that actual groping or forcing oneself isn’t awfully necessary, just get in the crosshairs somehow to be ruined. Cut her off in traffic, take the parking space she wants, or get the promotion, .... it can happen.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Most of these men, like Rose, seemed to be so... important. No doubt they themselves thought so, as did many others. And now-- poof!-- one by one they are gone.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11216 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
"The Naked Man" a product of the CBS series "How I Met Your Mother."

Posts: 2606 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
PBS canned him, too.

I'm heartbroken

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:
"The Naked Man" a product of the CBS series "How I Met Your Mother."

2 out of 3 times.

It works 2 out of 3 times.

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 940 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the PowerLine Blog, we get this link:
Kevin Spacey on the Charlie Rose Show defending Bill Clinton (you get three wins in one! You just can't make this shit up)

Posts: 695 | Registered: June 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I never thought grabbing my co-workers by the ass or exposing myself to them was a good idea. I'm not that much younger than some of these guys. What are they thinking?

On the other hand, when all this stuff comes out five, ten, or twenty years later, I am tempted to think the accuser is too late.

Timing seems to be everything.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The only thing Charlie Rose ever was good for was treatment for insomnia.
As has been written elsewhere, this is the first time exciting news has been associated with Charlie Rose.

Posts: 18383 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Not condoning anything he may have done, but how is it legal to fire a person based on unproven accusations?

Seems if he was innocent, he'd have recourse to sue for slander, libel and wrongful termination. He hasn't been convicted of anything.

What gives?

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
how is it legal to fire a person based on unproven accusations?

I'm betting he has (had) a contract that spelled it out.

As far as regular employees go, here in Missouri I could fire anybody for any non-protected reason. That includes unproven accusations.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15864 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
Not condoning anything he may have done, but how is it legal to fire a person based on unproven accusations?

Since when does a private company need any reason to fire someone? How is it legal? This isn't France, bro.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:

Since when does a private company need any reason to fire someone? How is it legal? This isn't France, bro.

Yeah, I understand and support an employer's right and freedom to terminate at will, but it seems like a pretty slippery slope when an unfounded accusation can ruin a person's career. I guess that's the whole point of slander/libel lawsuits.

I guess it's a good thing I don't work for CBS. They'd probably fire me for being a member of a gun forum.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Didn't he admit to some of the accusations?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Didn't he admit to some of the accusations?

I think you're right. And that would do it. Again, I'm not implying that private company shouldn't have the freedom to hire/fire at will, it just seems pretty screwed up that the potential seems to exist for an unfounded accusation that could end up getting an innocent person's career terminated.