SIGforum
Schwarzenegger to sue Big Oil for "knowingly killing people"

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4660069834

March 12, 2018, 03:59 PM
rusbro
Schwarzenegger to sue Big Oil for "knowingly killing people"
Arnold Schwarzenegger told Politico at South by Southwest on Sunday that he is going to sue oil companies “for knowingly killing people all over the world," comparing oil companies to the tobacco industry that knew smoking could kill people, but for years denied what they knew.

Key quote: He said that since 1959 oil companies knew fossil fuels caused global warming, "I don’t think there’s any difference: If you walk into a room and you know you’re going to kill someone, it’s first degree murder; I think it’s the same thing with the oil companies.”

Link

Put up or shut up, Arnold. Convert your life to one where you use absolutely no man-made energy nor products derived from it, and you produce no harmful waste whatsoever, not even a campfire. Anything less, and you're knowingly killing people.
March 12, 2018, 04:02 PM
jbcummings
Arnie spent too much time around the Kennedys.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.
March 12, 2018, 04:04 PM
Bigboreshooter
Maybe he has a brain too-mah!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

March 12, 2018, 04:07 PM
ChicagoSigMan
This will get thrown out in about 2.4 milliseconds for lack of standing. Unless he files in the 9th Circuit.
March 12, 2018, 04:08 PM
Elk Hunter
He just woke up and discovered that his name has not been in the MSM for quite a while.

Maybe he is angling for another movie role?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
March 12, 2018, 04:13 PM
BBMW
More seriously, the NYS Attorney General is doing the same thing, trying to mimic what was done with the state tobacco lawsuits.
March 12, 2018, 04:13 PM
oddball
Arnold Schwarzenegger is a leftist moron. I never considered the man remotely intelligent. He was never a conservative, even more of a RINO than John McCain. The asshole signed major pieces of gun legislation in CA while Governor; one for banning the sale of .50cal firearms, and passing the microstamping law, which has essentially given teeth to the handgun roster, systematically banning the sale of most late model handguns in CA. No more Colt 1911s, no 4-5th Gen Glocks, many Sigs, HKs, etc.

I did not vote for him at the time because I thought he was as dumb as a head of cabbage. Hell, Gary Coleman, who also ran in that clusterfuck election, would have made a more effective Governor. The only thing he did right was acting as a Terminator. That's it.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
March 12, 2018, 04:30 PM
Expert308
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Maybe he is angling for another movie role?

There's a thought. Eco-warrior saves the countryside from the greedy oil tycoon. Oh wait, already been done. `Course, that wouldn't keep them from doing it again. Roll Eyes
March 12, 2018, 04:34 PM
ss9961
The same asshole who drove around in a Hummer.
March 12, 2018, 04:38 PM
saigonsmuggler
quote:
Originally posted by ss9961:

Bhawahahaha

He too must've known since '59 but still killifyin' folks with those Hummers.
March 12, 2018, 04:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ss9961:

Yeah, just like all the climate change alarmists. Fuck them. Roll Eyes

Q

March 12, 2018, 04:41 PM
roberth
Arnold should shut his big yap.

March 12, 2018, 04:43 PM
Marlin Fan
And go back to Austria.
March 12, 2018, 04:46 PM
Oat_Action_Man
Ummm...what legal standing does he have?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
March 12, 2018, 04:58 PM
darthfuster
This is the guy who wanted the constitution changed so he could run for president..... Dude is a loser. A one trick pony. Maybe two tricks.....definitely not three tricks.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
March 12, 2018, 05:03 PM
arfmel
Musclebound moron.
March 12, 2018, 05:08 PM
lkdr1989
Bet he flew to Texas in a private jet...hypocrite Mad

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
March 12, 2018, 05:48 PM
Ripley
A fool and his money...

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
March 12, 2018, 05:58 PM
Scoutmaster
How many times can my head explode with abject arrogance and stupidity displayed in society today? Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944
March 12, 2018, 07:03 PM
ZSMICHAEL
Good to know. I always get my scientific information from an informed source. Thank you Arnold!