SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    my random act of kindness (police related)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

my random act of kindness (police related) Login/Join 
posted
I had a breakfast meeting this morning. Small little coffee joint, was there about an hour.

As I was going to leave I noticed this young police officer in full kit sitting at a table. When I say young, he could not have been over 25 years old.

Across from him, I saw what I assume was his wife, equally as young, and at the head of the table, a small baby, could not have been a year old.

I recently had my first child, a son, four months ago. It has never impacted me so much that this guy could just not come home, really effected me.

I paid for their meal and left, hoping the random act of kindness would put a smile on their faces.

The purpose of the post is, these people have a super tough job, all the first responders, we should all try to remember, they have families as well.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2508 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you on their behalf. I can't count the number of line of duty deaths that have left a spouse pregnant or alone to raise a small child.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post