SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Inspector General’s Report About DOJ And FBI Election Interference
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Inspector General’s Report About DOJ And FBI Election Interference Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:

Way to go, Sessions. You're a real tiger. Roll Eyes

Did you really expect anything different from Mister Magoo? Frown

Posts: 34546 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Recommendations
Our report makes nine recommendations to the Department and the FBI to assist them in addressing the issues that we identified in this review:
• We recommend that the Department and the FBI consider developing guidance that identifies the risks associated with and alternatives to permitting a witness to attend a voluntary interview of another witness (including in the witness’s capacity as counsel).
• We recommend that the Department consider making explicit that, except in situations where the law requires or permits disclosure, an investigating agency cannot publicly announce its recommended charging decision prior to consulting with the Attorney General, Deputy Attorney General, U.S. Attorney, or his or her designee, and cannot proceed without the approval of one of these officials.
• We recommend that the Department and the FBI consider adopting a policy addressing the appropriateness of Department employees discussing the conduct of uncharged individuals in public statements.
• We recommend that the Department consider providing guidance to agents and prosecutors concerning the taking of overt investigative steps, indictments, public announcements, or other actions that could impact an election.
• We recommend that the Office of the Deputy Attorney General take steps to improve the retention and monitoring of text messages Department-wide.
• We recommend that the FBI add a warning banner to all of the FBI’s mobile phones and devices in order to further notify users that they have no reasonable expectation of privacy.
• We recommend that the FBI consider (a) assessing whether it has provided adequate training to employees about the proper use of text messages and instant messages, including any related discovery obligations, and (b) providing additional guidance about the allowable uses of FBI devices for any non- governmental purpose, including guidance about the use of FBI devices for political conversations.
• We recommend that the FBI consider whether (a) it is appropriately educating employees about both its media contact policy and the Department’s ethics rules pertaining to the acceptance of gifts, and (b) its disciplinary provisions and penalties are sufficient to deter such improper conduct.
• We recommend that Department ethics officials include the review of campaign donations for possible conflict issues when Department employees or their spouses run for public office.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3487 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
what slim thread, almost microscopic in diameter that I held out that might save the DoJ has just vanished

there is NO justice in the country for sedition and treason, there is no justice in the country for the little guy

its all a sham and a fraud...the people are going to have to take justice into their own hands if they ever want to fix the problem - its clear that the oats that these guys took mean nothing, and as such we the people should make sure that at the end of the day these people mean nothing

I'm fed up

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53792 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
there is NO justice in the country for sedition and treason, there is no justice in the country for the little guy

I don't see how anyone can at this point reach any other conclusion. Hillary Clinton committed multiple serious violations of mishandling classified information. Ordinary Americans have been sent to prison for much lesser such crimes. Not only does she skate, but the IG report makes her out to be a victim of Comey's actions.

Yet another "bombshell" that turns out to have the explosive force of an anemic fart. But it does stink to high heaven.

To quote Horatio in Hamlet. "There's something rotten in the state of Denmark."

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11210 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
James Comey:

"I didn't know that I knew that [Weiner] was married to Huma Abedin at the time"

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
James Comey:

"I didn't know that I knew that [Weiner] was married to Huma Abedin at the time"

TOP. MEN.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Well, from what I understand the IG doesnt really hold any legal authority, and this report is really just a report card of sorts. Not sure if US Attorney John Huber could this report for prosecutions or not.
It is what it is...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3487 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
My confidence in Horowitz just dropped.

Posts: 8886 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeff would have fired someone!

(I guess he heard what was in the report before everyone else,and before his tough guy announcement)

Posts: 13079 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Good excerpts being culled here:

https://twitter.com/redsteeze/with_replies
Apparently one must have a Twitter account to follow that.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I hope the ghost of Al Capone comes back and gives everyone in the FBI and DOJ a raging case of syphilis.

Becasue that's about as likely to happen as any real justice in this country.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Aside from dissolving the FBI, I don't see any way of righting that agency. Listening to the director now makes me want to vomit.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5520 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
No kidding. Talk about blowing smoke up our asses. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30908 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I kept my expectations low on this due to realizing Horowitz was a hand picked Obama appointee. And my expectations were met.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Every last person in the injustice department needs to be fired.

NOW

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34397 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Every last person in the injustice department needs to be fired.

NOW

And, that includes Sessions.

Q

Posts: 27517 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
We apologize and we promise to do better next time.

Posts: 20569 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Know what we really have to look forward to? The next democratic administration. The lack of accountability has taught them one thing: the ends justify the means, and "getting caught" means nothing. Running guns for political purposes, targeting your foes with the IRS, using federal LE to overturn a duly elected official, using the CIA/NSA to spy on your rivals? All completly acceptable.

You thougt Obama was corrupt? You ain't seen nothing yet.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
WAFJ!

Posts: 1847 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watch Peter Strzok and Horseface Page get off with no more than reprimands.

Posts: 5234 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post