SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Targets, Anyone? Where to Buy?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Targets, Anyone? Where to Buy? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Speedwell targets. Most of my local ranges use them, so I cut out the middle man and buy direct. Ask for Rob, he will take care of you.

As already mentioned the shipping may be the issue. I pick them up, due to them being on my way to the range, so that cost never crossed my mind.

Believe it or not, there are still some thriving 2a affiliated businesses left in this state. We also have one of the largest LE ammo distributors in the nation here as well. 3rd generation if I am not mistaken. We even have an up and coming evil rifle company that mfg’s right here too.

-Jeff

Posts: 177 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I've always printed out the free targets from places like targetz.com (not affiliated or recommending, mind, you).

The new thing at some of my local ranges is that you cannot use homemade targets. That sucks donkey doo-doo. Although they have yet to kick me out for doing it.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Action Targets.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1223 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
I use several thousand targets a year. I buy them from Targets Online and use the cardstock targets. Shipping is somewhat pricey due to weight

You turned me on to them some time ago. I use their cardboard silhouettes. About 2 bucks a target for 200 delivered. I may have to go with a lower end target.
Best thing is that the shipping boxes are great for storage and dispensing.
Merry Christmas.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Brownells does not have a great selection of paper targets, but they occasionally offer free shipping for over $49 or $99.

https://www.brownells.com/shoo...er-targets/index.htm

I read the fine print for today's free shipping offer and did not see an exception for targets.

Today they're offering free shipping with $49 but no, it's not a great selection of targets.

Posts: 16030 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Here's what I typically shoot at when I don't have them fancy store-bought targets.

This is what I typically do, but skip the dots. When I need a fresh one I staple on top. A nice thick stack of plates shoots a nice confetti jet out the back when you hit.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out https://gunfun.com/pricing/

They list prices delivered based on quantity.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
http://www.targetsbythehundred...ets--8x14_p_114.html

Highest quality paper, cheapest I have found.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
I use several thousand targets a year. I buy them from Targets Online and use the cardstock targets. Shipping is somewhat pricey due to weight

You turned me on to them some time ago. I use their cardboard silhouettes. About 2 bucks a target for 200 delivered. I may have to go with a lower end target.
Best thing is that the shipping boxes are great for storage and dispensing.
Merry Christmas.

I use the cardstock targets from targets online because they don't dissolve in the rain. I am limited to certain type targets for state mandated qualifications. For myself I am perfectly happy with a paper plate with shoot n see stickers on them.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4375 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
I will throw in a plug for Target Barn (www.targetbarn.com)

I bought official IDPA targets with pasters from them. Can't remember the cost as the purchase was a few years ago...

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 521 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
/Check out Action Target!/
This is where I get my targets. Good selection, reasonable shipping (IMO), and quick delivery!

Posts: 3406 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a 1/2 silhouette, cut into 1/4’s then copy off the 1/4’s then tape together to make a target. I go to an indoor range and just buy them there. Also keep an eye out for garage sales, dusty corners in old gun shops and the junk bins at gun shows.

Posts: 3395 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post