SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone know what happened to Vanguard 2025 (VTTVX) today?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know what happened to Vanguard 2025 (VTTVX) today? Login/Join 
posted
WTF? It is down 11.58% in one day

My Vanguard and Fidelity (down .22% today) target funds usually track pretty closely to each other. Either there is an error in reporting, or something very nasty happened to that fund.

Posts: 8962 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I hope you mean .022% today.

Yeah 11.5% would be really bad. Keep us posted what they say.

I need to contact them myself, as I have a few question for them. Unrelated to the fund you are talking about.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19226 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
???? This says - 0.27%

Posts: 19603 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

That timestamp on that quote is midnight.

4pm today it shows $16.18

Posts: 8962 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
At close today, I'm seeing this:

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30423 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
MNSIG,

that is how that site time stamps the price at the end of the day.

I know it looks funny.

Look here:

https://investor.vanguard.com/...ss/month-end-returns

VTTVX @ $18.25

Posts: 19603 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like it was a mistake that has been quickly corrected.

Whew!

Mods: Please lock it up or delete.

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Check your share quantity over the next couple days to see if it changed. The fund may have paid off a dividend somyour share quantity may increase.

At least that is what I recall when one of my holding had a drastic change many years ago.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5762 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
Jesus, way to scare a newbie. I just invested in VTSAX today, never invested outside my 401K before.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Hell, just the title scared me. I have some money in the 2025 fund...

(Maybe I'll check my other stuff. Been watching the Canadian Marijuana stock I have, in anticipation of October 17).

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
All I know is when I croak, me and Paul Allen will have the same amount of money in our pocket.

But, I am in no hurry to prove it...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43918 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post