SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need honest thoughts on truck leveling kits
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need honest thoughts on truck leveling kits Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If you're raising the front end, the notes about alignment still apply.

Posts: 27805 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
The past couple months there's been a surprising number of upscale (often Cali plates) pickups traveling through my county, that I've seen in traffic or my own local travels.

Generally Fords, they've all been higher lifts, some variety of after-market wheels, bigger tires, and considerably nose UP, for unknown reasons. Some have had exhaust pipes between cab/bed or from front of bed, rising to cab height. Usually diesel trucks, some with what must be stovepipe diameter. All seems a fashion trend as far as I can tell.

Posts: 9847 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you "level", please try and get your headlights back down out of my face.

Thank you.

Posts: 1345 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:
My 89 Chevy K2500 is level stock, but when I put 1.5 tons of gravel in it, the bed sure does sag down.

What do you expect? You are putting 1.5 tons in a 3/4 ton bed. Eek

Um, an 89 K2500 4x4 with an 8' bed, 4.10 gears and a TH400 transmission has a payload capacity in excess of 3,800 lbs. I do have load range E tires as well.

You don't think a 3/4 ton truck can only carry a payload of 1500 lbs?

For reference ,I picked up 1.4 tons of gravel on Monday of this week. I just took this picture.

Posts: 5727 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
But you are overloading your suspension.

I have a 1990 C2500 and the most I will load on it is 1800 pounds on short trips. Plus your stopped distance would be increased and if you get in an accident, you could be in bigger trouble.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the drift...and also don't want to get into an argument. General Motors says the payload capacity is ~3,800 lbs. Anything under 3,800 lbs is not over loading it. It is carrying what the truck was designed to do.

Posts: 5727 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
" If you use your truck as a truck, skip the leveling kit. " Nah, I pulled the cheap plastic winddam off the underradiator area and still get the front grinding dirt when I drop into holes. 2" would help a lot.

Posts: 1916 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post