SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prepping book recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prepping book recommendations Login/Join 
Picture of bonfire
posted
Got to looking at my suploes and prepping plan. Realized it was all in phone with otes and links to sites. I wouldn't be able to access those sites if internet was down. It got me looking into books and was curious if anyone has recommendations on pepper books. I want to read through the books and add then to my supplies.

In war, truth is the first casualty. Aeschylus Greek tragic dramatist (525 BC - 456 BC)

Posts: 465 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
There are lots.
But, first one that comes to mind that have around here, somewhere, is “Back to Basics”.
It’s not a prepping book per se, but it covers how to pick out land, how to decide what buildings/sheds go where, what types of pens for different livestock, etc.
it also delves into well digging, animal husbandry, some canning, etc.
right now I have all my books in storage until I get some flooring and shelving some, otherwise I’d break out my collection and see what I have.
The Foxfire series is also a good set of books to have on hand.
Heck, even the “Little House on the Prairie” books have some incredible detail in them.
I also ran across a copy of “The Frugal Housewife” that was VERY interesting as it was written sometime in the mid 1800’s, IIRC.

Posts: 6346 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Back to Basics

I loved looking at this book as a kid, really cool illustrations and pictures

quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
There are lots.
But, first one that comes to mind that have around here, somewhere, is “Back to Basics”.
It’s not a prepping book per se, but it covers how to pick out land, how to decide what buildings/sheds go where, what types of pens for different livestock, etc.
it also delves into well digging, animal husbandry, some canning, etc.
right now I have all my books in storage until I get some flooring and shelving some, otherwise I’d break out my collection and see what I have.
The Foxfire series is also a good set of books to have on hand.
Heck, even the “Little House on the Prairie” books have some incredible detail in them.
I also ran across a copy of “The Frugal Housewife” that was VERY interesting as it was written sometime in the mid 1800’s, IIRC.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4364 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Link to Book

Shop around on the internet, you can probably get a much better price on this paperback book. I have it and will recommend it.

The guy has also written some pretty interesting and riveting novels.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for a very useful and efficient topic, reading such literature is very useful for general development, especially since the trends are such that schools and universities are closing again and online learning is again coming to the fore. I recommend you studydriver.com/hurricane-katrina-essay/ for general development a useful resource with informative materials Hurricane Katrina essays, you can familiarize yourself with various options for submitting materials, revealing the topic in combination with other important questions while presenting its short, beautiful, understandable and interesting to readers, good luck to everyone in online studies!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NicholasGaffney,

Posts: 3 | Location: USA | Registered: November 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post