SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iCloud “Files” app
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iCloud “Files” app Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I’ve had an iCloud account for a long time. But it was only a couple of days ago that I discovered that a “Files” app for my iPhone can be downloaded from Apple’s App Store.

It provides the ability to browse the content of my iCloud account. Apparently I’ve been living under a rock, but I didn’t know of the “Files” app.

There’s a LOT of stuff in my iCloud account that I didn’t deliberately upload. And don’t want to be there. Something else to fix…

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
You may use Files on an iPhone without access to your iCloud Drive folder.

To sync files, text, etc, between laptop and iPhone in the absence of iCloud Drive, one may easily use Notes. Each Note will act as both a file of written text and images, and a folder for files. The Notes may be organized in folders, all synchronized within iCloud.

Hiking in the park, Boss Man may message me, "Yo, Woodski, get Contractor Pillowduff the XYZ permit". Sure boss, I reply. Open iPhone --> Notes --> Boss folder --> particular job folder (job note) --> select permit (highlight) --> Share with Pillowduff.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post