SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hats and bike helmets for the cranially privledged
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hats and bike helmets for the cranially privledged Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
Any one got a source for hats and bike helmets for people with big heads?

Looking for a real pith helmet, and a bicycling helmet, in size 8 1/8.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
The last couple of bike helmets I've had have been Giro. Giro's XL size says it fits a head circumference of 24.8-25.6", which corresponds to 7 7/8 - 8 1/8.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Dang that is huge. Must have alotta brains packed in there.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I have an 8 3/8 head, even larger than you, and Bell offers bike helmets that fit me. Look at their XL series (XL/XLV/XLP).

Dunno about pith helmets, but places like e4hats.com, LamoodBigHats.com, and BigHeadCaps.com offer boonie/bucket hats in big sizes, if you're wanting sun protection.

Posts: 32517 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Don't know of any, guess I'll have to check back and see what presents itself.

Posts: 9157 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maximus_flavius:
Dang that is huge. Must have alotta brains packed in there.

Most folks attribute it to my having a thick, numb skull.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ace Hardware sells galvanized buckets!
And +++ for Giro.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Any one got a source for hats and bike helmets for people with big heads?

Looking for a real pith helmet, and a bicycling helmet, in size 8 1/8.

Daaaaang. That's a big dome. I spent 10 yrs in MLB as non-uniformed personnel. Thousands upon thousands of hats went across my desk. Hats of every size. I've seen managers, coaches, and players with freakishly small heads, and those with the biggest. In all those years, I only ever saw one 8" hat. You my friend, are a rarity.

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!
Picture of MaThGr82
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
The last couple of bike helmets I've had have been Giro. Giro's XL size says it fits a head circumference of 24.8-25.6", which corresponds to 7 7/8 - 8 1/8.

I wear a 7 3/4 and was going to say Giro...I've got a large with room to spare.

Posts: 6302 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear a size 7 and went with the smallest adult helmet for under $150 by Bell I could find. You're on your own with your big head

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazon offers several in XL. My Giro XL fits and my head is the size of yours. If you ever need a motorcycle helmet, Nolan makes an XXL that fits, too.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I wear an 8, too. No help on a bike helmet.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Ace Hardware sells galvanized buckets!

Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I wear a 7 3/4 hat, and have always told the wife she bagged a Boone & Crocket husband.

I am humbled, and have no suggestions.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I wear an 8 1/2 hat. My high school football coach was mad. He had to special order a football helmet for me.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to find a tactical helmet, too. I used to have to be video man on forced cell moves.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Ha. Good info here.

I have a Bell helmet I picked up at Target that miraculously fits my 8 1/2 dome.

I have bighatstore.com as a preferred dome cover provider in my world.

I’ll be orbiting my head over to some of the other sites above now, too.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MooneyP226:

I have bighatstore.com as a preferred dome cover provider in my world.

Good to know. Better than the one-size-fits-small crap found locally.

Posts: 9157 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Good to know. Better than the one-size-fits-small crap found locally.

one size fits all doesn't cut it either. I've got a collection of random swag baseball hats with the snap fit size strip. none of 'em can open up enough to fit a 8 1/4.

Posts: 231 | Location: Reidville, SC | Registered: October 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post