SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mrs. Rand Paul keeps a firearm for protection
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mrs. Rand Paul keeps a firearm for protection Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
“Rand Paul's wife has revealed she's so terrified of attacks from Democrats that she sleeps with loaded gun by her bed and locks her doors with three deadbolts.

Kelley Paul said she feels frightened and threatened amid calls from Democrat supporters to increase hostility against Republicans.

She said she has updated her security systems at her family home in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

'I sleep with a loaded gun by my bed,' Mrs Paul told Breitbart. 'I'm home alone a lot, when Rand is [in Washington, DC], and so I've got deadbolts all around my house so that if someone's in my house when I go to bed I'm deadbolted in three different levels.'

Mrs Paul referred to Senator Corey Brooker's comments in June that constituents should not be passive and should instead 'get up in the face' of members of Congress…”

https://dailym.ai/2zZE6pW

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9003 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Perhaps if you are scared, don't share your home security with the damn newspaper for them to publish.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
That's not a bad policy whether you're Rand Paul's wife or not. All crazy people are not Democrats, but all Democrats are crazy people....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
sleeps with loaded gun by her bed

Doesn't everybody? Confused

Posts: 22943 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:

Yeah, no kidding. It's the norm in my part of the world.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Perhaps if you are scared, don't share your home security with the damn newspaper for them to publish.

It’s not a bad idea to let ‘em know that you’re armed. As a convicted felon, G. Gordon Liddy was barred from owning firearms. But he publicly stated, “Mrs. Liddy has a fascinating collection of firearms, some of which she keeps on my side of the bed.”

As for me, I keep a couple of well shot-up NRA targets on the package shelf in the back window of my car, one on either side. If someone has the idea of keying my car, he might think twice upon seeing them.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9003 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:

Yeah, no kidding. It's the norm in my part of the world.

Jim

quote:
√... sleeps with a loaded gun....

I sleep with more than one at my bedside.
Am I over doing it?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

I sleep with more than one at my bedside.
Am I over doing it?[/QUOTE]

I think not Wink

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And when you have the Queen Bitch holding court and spewing sewage that encourages these puerile, violent troublemakers, the rabble-rousers just know that they are right and just in their cause. Their actions are sanctioned by a duty to rid humanity of people who are so stupid that they have their own ideas and fail to align with groupthink. Hillary tells them so. Maxine Waters tells them so. Dianne Feinstein tells them so. CNN, MSNBC, et al, tell them so. It's all perfectly OK to harass and assault people who think differently than you. It's not only OK to bring false charges against conservatives or anyone who stands in the way of these disgusting bullies, it's downright noble. The end justifies the means.

They're trying this shit in the wrong country, though, y'see. We have the Second Amendment and mountains of ammunition.

Mountains

So, I suggest that they might want to think twice.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107740 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
t’s not a bad idea to let ‘em know that you’re armed. As a convicted felon, G. Gordon Liddy was barred from owning firearms. But he publicly stated, “Mrs. Liddy has a fascinating collection of firearms, some of which she keeps on my side of the bed.”

Just a heads up. If you are a convicted felon and there are firearms in your house or auto and law enforcement shows up, you are in big trouble. A local was upset that a family had moved into their neighborhood and had loud parties. She knew that his girlfriend had a gun in the house. She phoned in a noise complaint the cops found the gun and back to prison he went. He had an attorney, but it did not matter that the gun was hers.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
From Para's linked article:

quote:
“You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about,” Clinton said. “That’s why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that’s when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength.

She is speaking of me and my kind as if I'm an Islamic terrorist. I'm not exaggerating.

To those who do not think we have a cold war between two halves of a country; you might need to really rethink this. This Kavanaugh confirmation is only the beginning. It will get worse with the Democrats.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
And when you have the Queen Bitch holding court and spewing sewage that encourages these puerile, violent troublemakers, the rabble-rousers just know that they are right and just in their cause. Their actions are sanctioned by a duty to rid humanity of people who are so stupid that they have their own ideas and fail to align with groupthink. Hillary tells them so. Maxine Waters tells them so. Dianne Feinstein tells them so. CNN, MSNBC, et al, tell them so. It's all perfectly OK to harass and assault people who think differently than you. It's not only OK to bring false charges against conservatives or anyone who stands in the way of these disgusting bullies, it's downright noble. The end justifies the means.

They're trying this shit in the wrong country, though, y'see. We have the Second Amendment and mountains of ammunition.

Mountains

So, I suggest that they might want to think twice.
As I've noted several times, it takes a special kind of stupid (or mental Illness) to attack the people who own the vast majority of the firearms and ammo in this country. In the end, I don't think these nitwits have any concept of the whirlwind they might reap.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The lefty nuts should be glad the conservatives of this country are civil.

But if you keep poking a bear what happens?

Posts: 12739 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
From Para's linked article:

quote:
“You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about,” Clinton said. “That’s why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that’s when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength.

She is speaking of me and my kind as if I'm an Islamic terrorist. I'm not exaggerating.

To those who do not think we have a cold war between two halves of a country; you might need to really rethink this. This Kavanaugh confirmation is only the beginning. It will get worse with the Democrats.

She's projecting.

Posts: 2833 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only 1 gun, near the bed??

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The lefty nuts should be glad the conservatives of this country are civil.

But if you keep poking a bear what happens?

Karma happens. Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36845 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post