SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Unless you cut your barrel from 8" to 6.5" is the only way you have one. There has been no release on short barrels. All the MPX's to this date have been 8" except for the Gen 2 16" carbine that just got released.

Posts: 162 | Location: WA State | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tpd312:
Unless you cut your barrel from 8" to 6.5" is the only way you have one. There has been no release on short barrels. All the MPX's to this date have been 8" except for the Gen 2 16" carbine that just got released.

Ah. You're right. I just thew a tape from the muzzle to the upper, saw 6.5, and stopped thinking. The EXPOSED portion of the barrel is exactly 6.5", meaning the part of the barrel that's hiding inside the upper (and held in place with the screws) is exactly 1.5".

So my paperwork is REALLY wrong.

But I guess the good news is that I can cut my barrel down and still be legal. LOL

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by tpd312:
When Sig listed the measurements, they went off the original 6.5" barrel length and not the 8".

Yes. I have the 6.5" barrel. And the telescoping stock. And I measure 19.75" tip to tip (with flash hider removed).

My measurement with the telescoping stock came in just under 20". Below is a pic of the barrel tip which shows it's the 8".

In any case, fits nicely in the deployment bag. Just wish the essentials kit mag pouches I received had the velcro backing to use with the bag. The kit was still worth buying just for the mags alone.

Posts: 9 | Registered: May 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, just wanted to say thank you, everyone. This group and thread has been so useful and informative in my thirst for mpx knowledge.

Posts: 9 | Registered: May 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anybody else received the "new" charging handle? It looks like it is slightly beveled at the point of contact with the lower receiver. i have not had time to go to range yet to see what kind of damage or not it will do. I called SIG and they sent this one to me. It is not the ambidextrous one.

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hebrew Hammer:
Has anybody else received the "new" charging handle? It looks like it is slightly beveled at the point of contact with the lower receiver. i have not had time to go to range yet to see what kind of damage or not it will do. I called SIG and they sent this one to me. It is not the ambidextrous one.
I received it.

I put my calipers everywhere on it.

It's identical, except for the finish. The original ones were shiny. The "new" ones have the same matte finish as the MPX.

Otherwise... IDENTICAL.

I have no clue why Sig is wasting money sending them out. They are completely unchanged.

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it looks slightly beveled at the point of contact with the lower receiver??

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Faust245:
quote:
Originally posted by CRASH_PRO:
News Flash! New SilencerCo silencer, specs seem almost too good to be true, can't wait to get my hands on one! That is a lower dB rating than their full size about twice is length.

SilencerCo Omega 9K Specs:

Length: 4.7”
Weight: 7.2 oz
Diameter: 1.475”
Finish: Black Oxide
Sound Rating: 124.9 dB with 147gr Ammunition

Yeah, they blantently copied Sig's new tubeless welded baffle design for their new suppressor. Kinda sucks that this is what it's coming down too, that a company releases a new product and 3-4 months later another company rips it off and claims it as their own "new cutting edge technology"...

Its that way throughout the industry. Have you see the Griffin Revolution? Its almost exactly like the Octane, even interchangeable pistons, mounts and 3 lug adapter.

SilencerCo announced their new Hybrid in September, although won’t be released until early 2016. This was the first “rifle” silencer which could be used on pistols, everything from .458 Socom/.450 Bushmaster. A true multipurpose silencer with both rifle mounts and pistol boosters. (Sure the Liberty Mystic was the first pistol silencer to be able to “handle” rifle rounds, but only for a limited duration and you were limited to 7.62x39 as a max and at a very limited rate of fire).

Fast forward and within the last 2 weeks both Griffin and Liberty announce new multi-caliber suppressors. Griffin was first with their Optimus, almost identical in function to the SilCo Hybrid except theirs limited to a .35 diameter and below and the Liberty with their new .45 version of the Mystic for .458 Socom/.450 Bushmaster to .22. Limited information on dB reading from these new options, except we know the new Liberty is based off the Mystic and is not hearing safe with the .45 cal rifle calibers. Griffin posted an in depth dB rating on various calibers of their Optimus, overall seems to be pretty decent but nothing impressed me. It’s not the quietest silencer for any caliber and it’s heavier than most comparable options in both pistol and rifle configuration. I guess if you’re a fan of the one can to do it all approach then you’ll appreciate it, I on the other hand have a silencer for every purpose and try to pick the best option for said purpose.

If you think about it, SilCo wasn’t too far from a tubeless can with the Omega 7.62, the primary welds are already between the baffles and it has a very thin tube, more for added security than anything else since I doubt it’s really doing much. This is the reason it’s so light and such a great performer compared to their other options like the Saker (which I have). Considering the Omega 9 is meant for lesser calibers, it doesn’t need the added protection of the thin tube.

And the industry in general copies each other, just the nature of the beast. There are only so many baffle types (K, Omega, monocore) and ways to make the same product. Only a few items out there are truly innovative like the OSS cans, which even that is an old idea that someone else created and they are reintroducing it.

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While not about the MPX, Nutnfancy (love him or not), provides what appears to be a highly positive review of the MCX.

http://youtu.be/pnOMx_H1Hts

Posts: 55 | Location: Gunshine State - Connecticut No More | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could have sworn I just made a post in this thread about this but cannot find it now..

Does this make sense to anyone?

"The 9mm Gen 1 lower is not compatible with the Gen 2 upper in 9mm. The rep said the GEN 2 upper in .357 Sig and .40 cal. would fit on the gen 1 lower. "

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you LDD for the welcome and information about the 20-rnd mags!
I finally found some time to review the instructions for posting photos so I am giving it a try with a pic of the Magpul AFG M-Lok that I discovered would fit the stock MPX hand guard just by grinding down the small M-Lok alignment tabs on the backside of the AFG. You can then use the screws supplied with the MPX 2" rails to for mounting the AFG. Also remember that you will need to remove a small amount of material from the AFG to clear the slope of the pivot pin hinge if you want to mount your AFG closer to the mag well as shown in the photo.

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glocke12:
I could have sworn I just made a post in this thread about this but cannot find it now..

Does this make sense to anyone?

"The 9mm Gen 1 lower is not compatible with the Gen 2 upper in 9mm. The rep said the GEN 2 upper in .357 Sig and .40 cal. would fit on the gen 1 lower. "
And isn't it a happy accident that this time, your post reached the board because you just happened to leave out the website address that got your post caught in the moderation queue? How lucky was that, huh?

Troll us, and I will remove you from this forum.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ctsheepdog:
While not about the MPX, Nutnfancy (love him or not), provides what appears to be a highly positive review of the MCX.

I couldn't do it. I tried to get past the introduction but this guy likes to hear himself talk way too much.

With the shit he is spewing how can anyone take him seriously?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:
quote:

I couldn't do it. I tried to get past the introduction but this guy likes to hear himself talk way too much.

LOL - I know he has a LOT of followers, and I admit I wish I had nearly as many subscribers to my YouTube channel as he does, but my primary complaint about his videos is that a video this this one (which is FORTY EIGHT minutes long!!!) should have been closer to 15.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I've found the Military Arms Channel guy to be a much better reviewer, at least in my mind. Less of the mall ninja crap as stated above. Anyhow, he seemed to think very favorably of the MCX as well. He is not however so complimentary of the MPX as posted in the video earlier in this thread.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I thought the MC guys only issue with the MPX was the blow back, which we've had several people say its non- existent or minimal, appears blow back is a function of the type/design of suppressor, I don't recall a lot of negative comments on either the CZ or the Sig.

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
He also mentions the use of the AR style charging handle, vs. a side charging handle. Though admittedly this is personal preference, for a small pistol caliber carbine such as this I would prefer that as well. I guess I should say that while he wasn't negative towards the MPX, the Scorpion was clearly his favorite, even before getting to the end of the video.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
So after some research today I've been offered to purchase and MPX first-generation pistol in the hard case with three magazines for $1000 plus sales tax.

The gun only comes with one magazine but there's a coupon in it for two extra magazines from Sig.

How did I do?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So after some research today I've been offered to purchase and MPX first-generation pistol in the hard case with three magazines for $1000 plus sales tax.

The gun only comes with one magazine but there's a coupon in it for two extra magazines from Sig.

How did I do?

I'd like to see the coupon. I've never heard of sig including such a coupon. I've seen the coupon for the discounted Essentials Pack but no free mags.

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Paid $1100 for mine with one mag and a coupon to get 3 mags for $139 including pouch. Ordered them today, and the Kate Moss Folding stock....

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post