SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 134 135 136 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
quote:
In what way is it an improvement over stock?

It's bigger, duh!

I can see that and don't consider that an improvement at all, that's why I asked.

I prefer stock to that thing.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know. It was sarcasm lost in translation. I agree the big handle is needless.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I seem to recall there was an issue with the MPX charging handle, where if you pulled both sides simultaneously, it would fail to unlock? Maybe this remedies that, since the MPX can't accept standard AR charging handles and no one had created a fix due to the proprietary nature. Just spit balling.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
I seem to recall there was an issue with the MPX charging handle, where if you pulled both sides simultaneously, it would fail to unlock? Maybe this remedies that, since the MPX can't accept standard AR charging handles and no one had created a fix due to the proprietary nature. Just spit balling.

Well, mine doesn't have that problem and neither do the 2 others friends of mine own.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

Well, mine doesn't have that problem and neither do the 2 others friends of mine own.

Coolio. Must've misheard. If I can find the source, I'll post it

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using the Next Level Armament CH on my old MPX carbine since soon after I bought it back 6 years ago, so there are aftermarket alternatives.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Okay, don't flame me for posting. I don't have an MPX, although I'd love to pick one up, but this is where I heard the above re: charging handle:

https://youtu.be/kuOI0sfKD1w?t=160

Obviously this is a sample of one, and not necessarily indicative of every iteration. But when someone posted the "improved MPX CH", in the back of my mind, I thought: "Oh, they could possibly be addressing that weird issue I heard about a year back."

Sorry if my post ruffled any MPX owner's feathers.

Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I got an email from my Sig rep. They have started taking pre orders for a new 35 round MPX magazine with stainless feed lips. Looks like MAP pricing will be set at $36.99

Thril SM9 MPX Magazine

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, don't flame me for posting. I don't have an MPX, although I'd love to pick one up, but this is where I heard the above re: charging handle:

https://youtu.be/kuOI0sfKD1w?t=160

Obviously this is a sample of one, and not necessarily indicative of every iteration. But when someone posted the "improved MPX CH", in the back of my mind, I thought: "Oh, they could possibly be addressing that weird issue I heard about a year back."

Sorry if my post ruffled any MPX owner's feathers.

I'm not flaming you and this is the first I heard of this "problem".

So I pulled my MPX out and tried to get the failure shown in the video and it didn't happen. Mine works perfectly as is.

I talked to my two friends who have MPXs and had them try, and they had the same results, which is no problem whatsoever.

We've all got Gen2 MPX's and we all have 8 inch barrels and we bought them all in about a 4 month time frame.

So at least one, the one in the video, has a problem and at least 3 don't have the problem.

And the video said theirs was the Gen 3 and that may be the solution to the quandry. Gen 2 doesn't have a problem but Gen 3 does...maybe.

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

I'm not flaming you and this is the first I heard of this "problem".

So I pulled my MPX out and tried to get the failure shown in the video and it didn't happen. Mine works perfectly as is.

I talked to my two friends who have MPXs and had them try, and they had the same results, which is no problem whatsoever.

We've all got Gen2 MPX's and we all have 8 inch barrels and we bought them all in about a 4 month time frame.

So at least one, the one in the video, has a problem and at least 3 don't have the problem.

And the video said theirs was the Gen 3 and that may be the solution to the quandry. Gen 2 doesn't have a problem but Gen 3 does...maybe.

It was probably just a one off or rare issue. I did not investigate, as I haven't been in a position to purchase. My mistake.

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
A guy offered me an original gen 1 in the old MPX hard case in trade, and I’m sorely tempted to accept the offer.

Any reason not to, beyond the obvious lack of compatibility with parts? Anyone still have their gen 1s?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
A guy offered me an original gen 1 in the old MPX hard case in trade, and I’m sorely tempted to accept the offer.

Any reason not to, beyond the obvious lack of compatibility with parts? Anyone still have their gen 1s?

I still have mine.
How many mags does it come with?
Good luck finding gen1 mags anywhere.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have one. Mine has been flawless with both Gen 1 and Gen 2 mags.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:

I still have my Gen 1 (with the MPX hard case) it runs perfectly. All of my mags are also Gen 1.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cntrl23,

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I still have my gen2 with original charging handle. No issues so far.
I will try some of those Thril mags for sure.

Any recommendations on a stock since this stupid brace thing is over? I cut my 8” barrel to 4.5” and run a suppressor under the handguards.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I still have my gen2 with original charging handle. No issues so far.
I will try some of those Thril mags for sure.

Any recommendations on a stock since this stupid brace thing is over? I cut my 8” barrel to 4.5” and run a suppressor under the handguards.

I have the folding and collapsible, both are great. I really like the look of the collapsible, and having adjustable length of pull for certain situations. I prefer the solid feel, cheek weld and longer length of pull on the folding stock. Extremely compact when folded as well. Both have their moments!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cntrl23,

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post