SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Picture of Patriot_1776
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
quote:
Originally posted by Patriot_1776:
Any love for MRO's? If so, which mount did you like?

I did notice the Scalarworks from pg.130 - just curious of other's experiences.

Expensive but the best for a MRO. Quick detach feature and also allows for co-witness with BUIS...

https://www.americandefenseman...m/view/product/1055/

Thanks!

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1616 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of combatvet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
ok.... as requested

and

edit:
the angles are weird and it doesn't look like it.... but that tape measure is in the same place on both pics

I'm sorry, but angle has nothing to do with it, the tape measure is not measured in the same spot. It's very clear.

Posts: 70 | Registered: November 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
I have searched and must have missed the definitive answer about magazine compatibility due to my weak search fu.

Gen1 mag -> Gen2 mpx = ? (no issues, has issues, does not work)
Gen2 mag -> Gen1 mpx = ? (no issues, has issues, does not work)

Thanks fellas.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by combatvet:
I'm sorry, but angle has nothing to do with it, the tape measure is not measured in the same spot. It's very clear.

That's cool. I'll go ahead and call you a liar too.
Liar.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1522 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
so the local Gander Reincarnated has a MPX Pistol with the 4" barrel for 1990 and change. Not that I will pay that but who has the 4 inch and how do you like it?

Posts: 815 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Berg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ergoproxy:
I have searched and must have missed the definitive answer about magazine compatibility due to my weak search fu.

Gen1 mag -> Gen2 mpx = ? (no issues, has issues, does not work)
Gen2 mag -> Gen1 mpx = ? (no issues, has issues, does not work)

Thanks fellas.

Gen 1 mags seem to work perfectly fine in Gen 2 guns. Not sure about the other way around.

Posts: 785 | Location: near the 101 and 92 in Calif. | Registered: August 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Citadel:
so the local Gander Reincarnated has a MPX Pistol with the 4" barrel for 1990 and change. Not that I will pay that but who has the 4 inch and how do you like it?

I absolutely love my 4" MPX. So much better, IMO, than the 8" in balance, maneuverability, and my use.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Oh, thats pretty! What suppressor os that, DWD?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Anyone ever consider changing out their gun's plastic dust cover? To me it's so cheesy that I can't bring myself to refer to it as 'polymer'. But alas, I'm not aware of anyone who actually MAKES an aftermarket replacement.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XplodingRavioli
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have this exact setup and couldn't recommend it more. By far one of the most accurate combos I've ever used.

RC

Posts: 201 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: December 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caruthers627:
quote:

I have this exact setup and couldn't recommend it more. By far one of the most accurate combos I've ever used.

All my mro's are mounted on adm mounts except for 1 that's on a bobro.

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I just found a brand new Sig Romeo 5X for $170 shipped on Ebay and mounted it on my 8 inch MPX Gen 2. Most fun I’ve had shooting...

Wish these Romeo 5’s could stay in stock. They are affordable, sleek, and very nice.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in picking up a MPX K. Anything to look out for? What's a good price range considering all the craziness?

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7051 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
I'm interested in picking up a MPX K. Anything to look out for? What's a good price range considering all the craziness?

Same old stuff. Look for a Gen 2 gun as they can use the cheaper gen 1 mags.

As for price, it ranges regionally and wildly.

I have seen used ones go for 1200 and 3k. It depends on what it all comes up with.

Now, I do have a recommendation. Don't get hung up on the barrel length. You can order an In Lead We Trust (ILWT) barrel with gas block that is significantly better than stock.

So, if you find a cheap rifle, and want to go SBR as I did, that is an option.

As to the MPX K versus the longer ones. I have shot the K, and owned the 16" carbine. I opted to split the difference at 8" OAL for my SBR. I am very happy with how it functions.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

Same old stuff. Look for a Gen 2 gun as they can use the cheaper gen 1 mags.

Both generations can use both mags but with varying reliability results. My Gen I gun used Gen II mags flawlessly. My Gen II cant use Gen I mags if using JHP ammo, but will feed FMJ without issue. Reports vary. The short version is that results are dependent on your particular MPX and the ammo you're using.

Posts: 4445 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
DSgrouse

Thank you for the heads up on the mag compatibility. I doubt I'll find one used but it would be nice to pick one up for sub $2,000.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7051 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bare bones
posted Hide Post
This writeup answered questions I didn't know I didn't know. Well done & thank you.

"Only the Dead Have Seen an End to War" Plato.

Posts: 1197 | Location: South Rome, Illinois | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigPacker
posted Hide Post
Rainer Arms just come out with the MPX charging handle - massive improvement over stock.

Posts: 2981 | Registered: December 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigPacker:
Rainer Arms just come out with the MPX charging handle - massive improvement over stock.

In what way is it an improvement over stock?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
In what way is it an improvement over stock?

It's bigger, duh!

Posts: 2066 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post