SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elec540:
Is there anything new from SIG on what's going on with the mags? Do Gen 1 work in the Gen 2, or do the Gen 2's work in the Gen 1? I have till the end of the week to return my two three packs.

The Gen 1 mags work fine in a Gen 2 MPX. I haven't tried a Gen 2 mag in a Gen 1 MPX yet.

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
In the video I posted he said was using a griffin suppressor vs the tirant

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

I believe he is using an Octane 9 (1:29 mark) and Griffin Revolution 9 (2:06 mark). I had asked him a couple weeks ago if he could switch them on the guns to see if that made a difference but never heard back....

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took the MPX gen II out for its maiden range trip today. I ran great, except feeding problems when I filled the magazine with Blazer Brass. The magazine needs to be broken in. http://onedrive.live.com/embe...hkey=AJiWQLn2zPPMDWA

Posts: 3 | Registered: October 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:
quote:

I believe he is using an Octane 9 (1:29 mark) and Griffin Revolution 9 (2:06 mark). I had asked him a couple weeks ago if he could switch them on the guns to see if that made a difference but never heard back....

I meant between the two different videos

Video one MPX - griffin

Video two MPX - Tirant9

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:
quote:

I meant between the two different videos

Video one MPX - griffin

Video two MPX - Tirant9

Understood. Thanks for the clarification.

posted Hide Post
Liberty has introduced a modular can rated up to 45ACP and beyond. I wonder how this would work on the end of a 9mm MPX vis-a-vis blowback with the larger bore and volume? Not a 9mm sub-gun specific can but something that might offer more utility.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...liberber-suppressor/

Posts: 55 | Location: Gunshine State - Connecticut No More | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New user video on his MPX (no shooting).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njQSDYvQV5g

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ctsheepdog:
Liberty has introduced a modular can rated up to 45ACP and beyond. I wonder how this would work on the end of a 9mm MPX vis-a-vis blowback with the larger bore and volume? Not a 9mm sub-gun specific can but something that might offer more utility.

I asked Liberty about 9mm performance and their response was:

"It is about 5 dB louder on 9mm. We are running in the lower 130s with it in 9mm on the host weapons we have here. The Mystic X runs in the upper 120's with the same weapon platforms."

I did not ask about backpressure but I assume it will be lower with the larger aperture and the monocore looks a lot less restrictive that the Mystic cores.

Posts: 107 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: June 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glocke12:
quote:
there new GEN2 Brochure only list the MPX as 9mm.
http://www.sigevolution.com/_i...SIG-MPX-Brochure.pdf

geez..nothing like making things more murky than they already are

No kidding.

It appears I have a Gen1, but I've also got the ambi charging handle.

I just received by 3 pack of mags and all are the original design/shorter feed lips.

Over 500 rounds and not an issue to report.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Engineer:

"It is about 5 dB louder on 9mm. We are running in the lower 130s with it in 9mm on the host weapons we have here. The Mystic X runs in the upper 120's with the same weapon platforms."

I did not ask about backpressure but I assume it will be lower with the larger aperture and the monocore looks a lot less restrictive that the Mystic cores.

Thanks Eng. This is going to be tough to gauge until someone does a head-to-head, but it sounds like it will be a compromise between optimal muzzle sound and blowback.

Posts: 55 | Location: Gunshine State - Connecticut No More | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thanks Eng. This is going to be tough to gauge until someone does a head-to-head, but it sounds like it will be a compromise between optimal muzzle sound and blowback.

Yeah, it seems like something that won't be proved out on paper or on the pages of an internet forum.

FWIW, I was shooting my MPX and EVO with an Octane 9 using a Griffin 3-lug mount and a Mystic using Liberty's 3-lug mount. My 9mm sub loads are 147 gr Montana Gold CMJ bullets with 3.3 gr of Titegroup.

My personal experiences were that the Mystic was slightly less gassy but the Octane was not uncomfortable to shoot and didn't bother me at all.

I did order a Thompson SG-2 so I might be able to make a comparison next summer.

Posts: 107 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: June 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did order a Thompson SG-2 so I might be able to make a comparison next summer.[/QUOTE]
-------------------

Looks like the SG-2 has a diameter of 1.625”. I wonder if that will fit under the hand guards of the MPX for those cutting the barrel down?

posted Hide Post
I'm probably going to get a Bowers VERS 9S to go with my MPX-K. The VERS 9S is 1.75" diameter, 8.6" long. The VERS (and previously the CAC) series of suppressors were designed to be used on pistol caliber submachine gun type guns, MACs, UZIs, etc. I have a CAC45 for my Masterpiece 9mm and 45ACP MAC clones and it works great with them.

Posts: 86 | Location: SW Washington State | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://m.facebook.com/comment...&actorid=57629597602

Sig posted info on the Gen1 and Gen2

Posts: 203 | Registered: April 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

"The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:

The link doesn't work for me.

Does anyone know who the company is that is cutting the 8" barrel and handguard down to make a 4" barrel MPX-K?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have to log into facebook

Posts: 203 | Registered: April 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not waiting any longer for the ambiguous responses that are coming from SIG. Hell, it took their product development team 3 years to get to this state of confusion. Life is to short to wait for SIG's "ever changing" timetable of accessories for this platform.

So, I just sent mine out for this service. They cut and thread the barrel at 4.5in with 1/2x28 or 1/2x36 threading to replicate the MPX-K. And they cut down the picatinny handguard to replicate the K size, and refinish in CERAKOTE. I don't think he is cutting the keymod version just yet. He will ream out an A2 birdcage to 9mm for $10, to work on this barrel.

Total package price $250. You only need to send in the barrel and handguard. Zach advertises a short turn around time.

www.zrtacticalsolutions.com

ZRTS
Noblesville, IN

This message has been edited. Last edited by: armedjetflyer,

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It will most definitely have less back pressure, over bored and the baffle stack has a lot of space between baffles. I bet the FRP is insane. That's one area the Mystic X always suffered, but the same can be said for the Osprey.

Over the weekend i finally fired my Octane 45 on the MPX, since I'm in a neighborhood i only did a few shots because my curiosity was getting the best of me, definitely need to spend more time testing.

Anyways, i compared Oct 9 vs Oct 45 both using SilencerCo 3 lug on TrosUSA adapter with EMCON 147gr suppressor ammo. Oct 45 had no perceived additional blowback and was very pleasant. Oct 9 had a noticeably quieter muzzle report but with added blowback.

Within the next 2-4 weeks my SG-2 should be approved and I'll do a more in depth comparison using more ammo types, throw in the Oct 45K and Griffin Revo 9K and maybe add the 9mm end caps to the Oct 45 if time allows. Right now I'm thinking a .45 with 9 end cap could be just the ticket but i have high hopes for the SG-2.

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post