SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunnitt:
Has there been any thought of a harder hitting round for this in the future like the .45acp, or even something like a .30 carbine round? Thank you again for the fine work

You're welcome. Check out the ballistics for the .357 SIG (though longer 6+" bbl figures might be hard to come by). That may come closer to what you are looking for.

quote:
LDD I'm sorry if I missed it but any idea on MSRP?

While I was there, the street price figure of $1300 was being floated at SIG. I told SIG that at that price, they would sell out of their entire first production run in minutes.

$1300 is about $300 less than currently listed dealer pricing.

Given the fact that there is such a large range of potential MSRP I'm not comfortable saying anything for sure.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
LDD I'm sorry if I missed it but any idea on MSRP?

While I was there, the street price figure of $1300 was being floated at SIG. I told SIG that at that price, they would sell out of their entire first production run in minutes.

You're surely right about that!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30282 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
At $1300, i'd be on that instantly.

Oat

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, yeah, but do we have to tell Sig that? Razz

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At $1300 to $1500 they will not be able to keep them in stock. I plan to buy no matter the price but I'm hoping for $1600 or under.

Posts: 633 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Sig will be getting $1,300+ of my money again. I must have the pistol version.

Posts: 410 | Location: PA | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'll get a pistol version and SBR it, for sure.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Yeah, pistol version for me then SBR.
Guess I'll be ordering a metric piston for my suppressor as well.

Then a 357SIG upper after that for this!

Or convince my department we should have a 357SIG subgun since no one likes our .40 UMPs.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I think what you guys should really do is get the pistol version, then SBR it. Big Grin

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
I'm getting the first 9mm one I can. Dont care what size.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the write-up, LDD! Very excited about the the release!

Posts: 597 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Who needs Guns & Ammo with writing like this?

The one nagging question I have - where is the best place to get in line to walk the walk & purchase?

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I think what you guys should really do is get the pistol version, then SBR it. Big Grin

Haha! That's a great idea!

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sharp Eyes,
Quick Reflexes
Picture of ZenDriver
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I love my AR SBR 9MM, but if the MPX delivers I'll be buying one.

Probably a pistol with SB, then SBR it. Time to save my pennies!

I'm NFA stupid, but I thought you couldn't go Pistol > SBR, only Rifle > SBR?

------------------------
The future has no predictors, only the proclaimed prescient extrapolating the present who always find our destiny somewhere in the past.

Posts: 4010 | Location: PDX, OR | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Pistol can become rifle but not the other way around.

Most people make pistol AR lowers to hold their short uppers until ATF approves the lower to be an SBR. This is what I did with my 300blk.
It came from AAC as a pistol. I waited until I got my form 1 approved for an SBR, then I replaced the buffer tube and put a stock on it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very good write up and good attention to the details.

Posts: 4538 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AndrewP228
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the fantastic write-up, LDD, but you know what I really got out of all of this?

Plug your ears, kiddies...

Fuck the Hughes Amendment, that goddamned bullshit needs to be repealed. Seriously, I'm really irritated with how little attention is paid to it and the NFA by our various pro-gun legal groups like SAF and the NRA-ILA. We need to go after that stuff and 922r. Now.

I want this, but I want the proper version, that is the select-fire version.

--Mark Twain

My Sigs: 1994 W. German P228, 2011 P226 German 9mm

Posts: 766 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZenDriver:
I'm NFA stupid, but I thought you couldn't go Pistol > SBR, only Rifle > SBR?
No, you can go pistol or rifle -> SBR.

Lots of people make AR "pistols" then drop Form 1s on them. Then they can shoot them while waiting. Then when you get approval you just get the stock setup.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Support Your Local
Red and Black
Picture of Snidely Whiplash
posted Hide Post
How cool to be a member of a forum who is an "insider" into SIGarms R&D and prototypes.

Thanks so much, LDD!

Posts: 4695 | Location: Up Shit Creek (it's better tha DOWN it) | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Great write-up. Thanks for all the hard work and the research.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53069 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post