SIGforum
SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4610068653

December 01, 2015, 11:07 AM
Elec540
SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
I paste the screen shot tonight
December 01, 2015, 11:46 AM
armedjetflyer
Sorry, only 1/2x28 or 1/2x36 threading. Zach will ream out a standard A2 birdcage to 9mm for $10, to fit on this barrel.

I will post pictures when it comes back, along with the SIG telescoping stock(if it ever arrives).
December 01, 2015, 01:02 PM
CRASH_PRO
News Flash! New SilencerCo silencer, specs seem almost too good to be true, can't wait to get my hands on one! That is a similar dB rating less than their a full size models about twice is length.

SilencerCo Omega 9K Specs:

Length: 4.7”
Weight: 7.2 oz
Diameter: 1.475”
Finish: Black Oxide
Sound Rating: 124.9 dB with 147gr Ammunition

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CRASH_PRO,
December 01, 2015, 05:40 PM
Elec540
Sig Sauer In reference to Magazines:

Although there have been some demonstrated levels of functionality when using magazines and uppers of different generations, we recommend using like generation components for optimal reliability.

*Will I still be able to purchase Gen1 9mm Magazines?
Yes, it is Sig Sauer’s intention to provide support to MPX G1 customers for all components of the firearm. Magazines in other calibers will only be available as G2 magazines.

In reference to barrels/caliber X-change:

All customers will be able to take full advantage of the MPX Caliber-X-Change Kits. If you are an MPX G1 owner, Sig Sauer will offer you the opportunity to purchase a complete MPX G2 Upper Receiver in the caliber of your choice, other than 9mm, at a reduced cost that will be the equivalent retail cost of the corresponding MPX Caliber X-Change Kit. This is limited to one purchase per MPX serial number.

The Barrels from Gen1 and Gen2 MPX are different enough to not permit compatibility. However, with the purchase of your first “Caliber-X-Change kit you will receive a full Gen2 upper. If you wish to purchase other/future caliber kits they will fit the Gen2 upper only (as specified by product description). The Gen1 will remain 9mm. MPX Gen1 Cal-X Kits are being created in 9mm only. This allows the customer to purchase G1 barrel assemblies in 4.5-inch, 6.5-inch and 8-inch variations. 16-inch barrels will be available for G2 upper receivers only.

If you have any additional questions I will do my very best to answer. If I am unable to assist you directly or you require additional information regarding the SIG MPX, or any Sig Sauer products, please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service at 603-610-3000, Option 1, M - F 8:30am – 6:00pm EST
December 01, 2015, 05:43 PM
Faust245
quote:
Originally posted by CRASH_PRO:
News Flash! New SilencerCo silencer, specs seem almost too good to be true, can't wait to get my hands on one! That is a similar dB rating as a full size about twice is length.

SilencerCo Omega 9K Specs:

Length: 4.7”
Weight: 7.2 oz
Diameter: 1.475”
Finish: Black Oxide
Sound Rating: 124.9 dB with 147gr Ammunition

Yeah, they blantently copied Sig's new tubeless welded baffle design for their new suppressor. Kinda sucks that this is what it's coming down too, that a company releases a new product and 3-4 months later another company rips it off and claims it as their own "new cutting edge technology"...
December 01, 2015, 06:40 PM
Elec540
Collector's pricing, matching serial numbers. They sold there AK combo and AR combo packages.
December 01, 2015, 06:41 PM
Ferrari Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Elec540:
Sig Sauer In reference to Magazines:

Although there have been some demonstrated levels of functionality when using magazines and uppers of different generations, we recommend using like generation components for optimal reliability.

*Will I still be able to purchase Gen1 9mm Magazines?
Yes, it is Sig Sauer’s intention to provide support to MPX G1 customers for all components of the firearm. Magazines in other calibers will only be available as G2 magazines.

In reference to barrels/caliber X-change:

All customers will be able to take full advantage of the MPX Caliber-X-Change Kits. If you are an MPX G1 owner, Sig Sauer will offer you the opportunity to purchase a complete MPX G2 Upper Receiver in the caliber of your choice, other than 9mm, at a reduced cost that will be the equivalent retail cost of the corresponding MPX Caliber X-Change Kit. This is limited to one purchase per MPX serial number.

The Barrels from Gen1 and Gen2 MPX are different enough to not permit compatibility. However, with the purchase of your first “Caliber-X-Change kit you will receive a full Gen2 upper. If you wish to purchase other/future caliber kits they will fit the Gen2 upper only (as specified by product description). The Gen1 will remain 9mm. MPX Gen1 Cal-X Kits are being created in 9mm only. This allows the customer to purchase G1 barrel assemblies in 4.5-inch, 6.5-inch and 8-inch variations. 16-inch barrels will be available for G2 upper receivers only.

If you have any additional questions I will do my very best to answer. If I am unable to assist you directly or you require additional information regarding the SIG MPX, or any Sig Sauer products, please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service at 603-610-3000, Option 1, M - F 8:30am – 6:00pm EST

This sounds good... but with everything that's happened so far, I'm going to pretend I live in Missouri.

You know, because it's the "show me" state. Smile

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member
December 01, 2015, 06:50 PM
corey4
quote:
Originally posted by CRASH_PRO:
quote:
Originally posted by ctsheepdog:
quote:
Originally posted by Engineer:
I asked Liberty about 9mm performance and their response was:

"It is about 5 dB louder on 9mm. We are running in the lower 130s with it in 9mm on the host weapons we have here. The Mystic X runs in the upper 120's with the same weapon platforms."

I did not ask about backpressure but I assume it will be lower with the larger aperture and the monocore looks a lot less restrictive that the Mystic cores.

Thanks Eng. This is going to be tough to gauge until someone does a head-to-head, but it sounds like it will be a compromise between optimal muzzle sound and blowback.

It will most definitely have less back pressure, over bored and the baffle stack has a lot of space between baffles. I bet the FRP is insane. That's one area the Mystic X always suffered, but the same can be said for the Osprey.

the FRP on my 8" MPX with my osprey45 is negligible.
December 01, 2015, 06:53 PM
Elec540
One way or another they have to follow through, and offer what they advertised. They had terrible timing when they brought out the new version. Should off held off till backorders got filled and innovatory caught up. The Trust level might have been little higher. Wait and See
December 01, 2015, 06:57 PM
armedjetflyer
On to triggers and a better aftermarket replacement...

SIG Customer Service (naturally) advises against this in the MPX. Having visited the SIG Pro Shop at the Academy in Exeter, they actually sell the Geissele line of triggers for other platforms. So it piqued my curiosity if they would recommend this product for the MPX too. They said NO! The 9mm MPX bolt carrier cycles too fast and hard, therby causing premature trigger pack failures in all of the aftermarket products they have tested to date. The MPX stock trigger has a beefier section to sustain the higher velocity forces.

Damn.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: armedjetflyer,
December 01, 2015, 07:11 PM
Ferrari Steve
I've been thinking about asking Santa for an MPX Deployment bag, but the 5.11 Tactical Covert bags look just as good, and I have very good experience with their products (mostly clothing).

Anyone happen to know the internal dimensions of the MPX Deployment bag? Sig's website doesn't have any measurement info. Though I doubt it would fit the MPX with a suppressor attached.

With a SilencerCo Osprey 9 attached and telescoping stock closed, my MPX comes in at just under 27" total length.

For less $$$ than the Sig-specific bag, I could pick up this 5.11 COVRT M4 Shorty that handles up to 28.5" high inside:

http://amzn.to/1jxAgbJ

Anyone else carrying their MPX in something neat?

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member
December 01, 2015, 07:18 PM
Ferrari Steve
quote:
Originally posted by armedjetflyer:
On to triggers and a better aftermarket replacement...

SIG Customer Service (naturally) advises against this in the MPX. Having visited the SIG Pro Shop at the Academy in Exeter, they actually sell the Giessele line of triggers for other platforms. So it piqued my curiosity if they would recommend this product for the MPX too. They said NO! The 9mm MPX bolt carrier cycles too fast and hard, therby causing premature trigger pack failures in all of the aftermarket products they have tested to date. The MPX stock trigger has a beefier section to sustain the higher velocity forces.

Damn.
I'd like to see the failed Geissele trigger pack Sig tested.

Five months ago, Bill Geissele posted a comment on my article regarding MPX triggers (apologies in advance to anyone who thinks linking to ones own blog post is spammy):

http://www.stevejenkins.com/bl...-void-your-warranty/

Bill said "HK guns also have the bridge. High impulse guns will toss the hammer back violently so that the hammer will hit the disconnector. By repeatedly striking the disconnector it will actually fracture over time. As a trigger similar to the Sig the ALG trigger may have this problem. However, the Geissele triggers are designed so that the bridge is not needed and the hi velocity of the bolt carrier will not effect it. And even if there was a problem Geissele's golden warrenty is always there to help you out."

I've spoken to Bill since then and he stands by what he said five months ago.

I'm still running a Geissele SSA in my MPX and loving it. In fact, I picked up another SSA and an SSA-E on Black Friday.

December 01, 2015, 07:31 PM
Ferrari Steve
And now for a TOTAL subject change...

Sig lists the overall length of the MPX with telescoping stock closed as 18.1" and barrel length as 6.5".

http://www.sigsauer.com/Catalo...Details/sig-mpx.aspx

As I'm sure others did, I relied on this info when I sent in my Form 1, well before the telescoping stocks were shipping.

My tape measure agrees with the barrel measurement, but with the stock flash hider removed, my tape measure claims that the overall length of an MPX with the telecoping stock closed as closer to 19.75".

I'd guess I'm not the only one with 18.1" on my MPX SBR Form 1. Is that worth attempting to amend?

Or is it not that big a deal, especially since the length on the form is shorter than what I measured as the actual length of the firearm?

December 01, 2015, 07:47 PM
tpd312
The Sig Sauer deployment bag will only work if you have the folding stock on the 8" version or telescoping stock with the shorter barrel lengths. I know this because I tried it.
December 01, 2015, 09:30 PM
HRK
Picked up a MPX tonight

December 01, 2015, 11:11 PM
Ferrari Steve
quote:
Originally posted by tpd312:
The Sig Sauer deployment bag will only work if you have the folding stock on the 8" version or telescoping stock with the shorter barrel lengths. I know this because I tried it.

Thanks, tpd312. I've got the telescoping stock on the 6.5", so sounds like it MIGHT work if there's no suppressor installed.

December 01, 2015, 11:15 PM
AZFoxes
When trying to get my Form 1 approved the person handling my case told me that it had to be an estimate with stock installed fully extended so that is the measurement I put down. That said, she said it would have been approved even if I left it the way it was. My real original issue was with the model designation.

quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
And now for a TOTAL subject change...

Sig lists the overall length of the MPX with telescoping stock closed as 18.1" and barrel length as 6.5".

http://www.sigsauer.com/Catalo...Details/sig-mpx.aspx

As I'm sure others did, I relied on this info when I sent in my Form 1, well before the telescoping stocks were shipping.

My tape measure agrees with the barrel measurement, but with the stock flash hider removed, my tape measure claims that the overall length of an MPX with the telecoping stock closed as closer to 19.75".

I'd guess I'm not the only one with 18.1" on my MPX SBR Form 1. Is that worth attempting to amend?

Or is it not that big a deal, especially since the length on the form is shorter than what I measured as the actual length of the firearm?

December 01, 2015, 11:43 PM
tpd312
When Sig listed the measurements, they went off the original 6.5" barrel length and not the 8".
December 02, 2015, 10:50 AM
CRASH_PRO
quote:

I have the 8" barrel with an extended 3 lug adapter and telescoping Stock, mine fits in the deployment bag, granted not as easily as it did with the folding brace but it still does the trick. There is no way it would fit with suppressor but with the 3 lug it takes 2 seconds to pop it on.
December 02, 2015, 10:59 AM
Ferrari Steve
quote:
When Sig listed the measurements, they went off the original 6.5" barrel length and not the 8".

Yes. I have the 6.5" barrel. And the telescoping stock. And I measure 19.75" tip to tip (with flash hider removed).