SIGforum
SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4610068653

January 16, 2017, 12:53 AM
Manoloiv
SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Greetings,

Has/did anyone use the sig tapered collar adapter when installing a muzzle device?
January 17, 2017, 08:29 PM
terry6v
Has anyone heard about the shotshow sale code for the Sig Store? Someone passed it along on Facebook today.

SIGSHOTSHOW17 is the code he said was good for 20% off any one item thru Friday 1/20.

I haven't tried it yet but might try to scoop up another Gen 1 mag if it works.
January 17, 2017, 08:35 PM
Chowser
I think Gunmagwarehouse was having a sale on a 3 pack of the gen1 mags. I think it was $67 shipped or so.

Not minority enough!
January 17, 2017, 10:43 PM
Cobra21
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I think Gunmagwarehouse was having a sale on a 3 pack of the gen1 mags. I think it was $67 shipped or so.

Yes, and I bought that exact package. Very nice deal!

Risk the consequences of honesty...
January 18, 2017, 10:08 AM
obiefox
quote:
Gunmagwarehouse

Thanks for sharing this deal. Great price. Picked up 2 sets.
January 18, 2017, 10:17 AM
Chowser
They work fine in my gen2. I did buy another set last week as well.

I modified one of the gen1 mags. It now holds 35 and so far so good. No issues. I'll test it some more before I do it another one to see how it holds up long term. I only shoot mine suppressed now since I cut the barrel down and not the handguard.

Not minority enough!
January 18, 2017, 10:23 AM
johntsi
quote:
Originally posted by obiefox:
quote:
Gunmagwarehouse

Thanks for sharing this deal. Great price. Picked up 2 sets.

^^ Thanks! Just picked up 2 sets as well.
January 30, 2017, 12:58 PM
JRC
quote:
Originally posted by mkueffer:
Finally took some time to remove the hinder and put the SRD can on the MPX. Now to decide if I want to cut the barrel down or look for an extended rail.

mkueffer - How difficult was it to remove the flash hider on your MPX? May I ask what process you used to remove it?

Reason I ask...I've been attempting to get the FH off of my MPX, and I am having a bit of "difficulty". Thank you.
January 30, 2017, 01:03 PM
}BuLL
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
mkueffer - How difficult was it to remove the flash hider on your MPX? May I ask what process you used to remove it?

Reason I ask...I've been attempting to get the FH off of my MPX, and I am having a bit of "difficulty". Thank you.
I heated mine up a bit with a hair dryer, and didn't have too much trouble getting it loose.
January 30, 2017, 01:14 PM
obiefox
Remember that it is a left hand thread......
January 30, 2017, 02:28 PM
JRC
quote:
Originally posted by obiefox:
Remember that it is a left hand thread......

Yes, I am aware. Wink
January 30, 2017, 02:40 PM
mkueffer
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:

I used a vice to hold the barrel wrapped in a piece of scrap rubber/vinyl and secured tight. Was fairly easy that way.

A few Sigs and some others
January 30, 2017, 03:06 PM
obiefox
if you know that, then no there is nothing special to taking it off. Mine came off with the proper application of force....
January 30, 2017, 06:54 PM
DSgrouse
Anyone give the bionanry trigger in their mpx.
February 03, 2017, 01:51 PM
eweiss
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

I had a BFS III in mine for a few weeks. It worked okay, but you could overrun it. I ended up removing it and putting the factory trigger and bridge set up for reliability purposes.
February 03, 2017, 04:32 PM
gkgeiger
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

I installed one and it works great.
February 03, 2017, 09:33 PM
Ted
How about bags? I've been contemplating getting a backpack or shoulder bag that I can strap my MPX into better than it fits into my range bag. I had a Sig bag backordered at one point but cancelled when the reviews weren't great. Looking for something that isn't oversized like I think the 5.11 M4 covert bag is.
February 04, 2017, 11:00 AM
Phelen_Kell
5.11 select carry sling pack was on sale on amazon for $55 recently. Fits two of the three pack mags as well.

February 04, 2017, 12:52 PM
Ted
I assume that's an 8" barrel and a folded brace? Good point of reference (thanks!). I'm trying to accommodate a 4.5" SBR but maybe also in the suppressed config w/ the 8" handguard.

I keep meaning to carve out time to hit one store that I know has bags and MPXs and maybe pick a couple to hold up against the actual gun.
February 04, 2017, 01:20 PM
obiefox
Thanks for the tip on the 511 bag sale. great deal on a nice bag. one is on the way...