SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My parakeet is a nasty piece of business....

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
My parakeet is a nasty piece of business.... Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
We got her and a male at the same time a couple years ago. They were in the same cage at the store. I have a pretty big cage, it's not a parakeet cage but I figure it's a bird, cant have too big a cage. It's still tight enough on bars a parakeet can't get through them. She kicked the other birds ass so much I had to separate them. She will try and bite you if you try and pet her, and if you put your finger up or close to the bars she will charge your ass with her beak open.

I buy those soft wood chewy logs and hanging things and she tears the shit out of them in no time. She beats her toys like an alcoholic step mom. There is a bell that must have insulted her at some point because she hammers it so hard with her beak you would swear she's hurting herself.

She even has a super bitchy sqwuak she will unleash if she's unhappy about something. My wife calls her Turbo Bitchy Bird. Lol.

Put sandpaper on her perches? She will sqwauk and beep like an angry droid while she tips and shreds them all off in minutes. Every damn time.

She's fun to watch because shes going all day long, there are tons of toys to play with and things to destroy. And my wife likes the noise birds make, chirping and screeching. it's funny when she decides to compete with the TV for volume.

We have had other parakeets but never one this fiesty

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lord Vaalic,

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10731 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Name her Hillary.

Or Kamala.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
ZSM -- You might want to delete that post. You too, GW

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30747 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Some pets are just assholes. People like to get hung up on cat, dog, bird, etc. But I’ve even had pet fish act like assholes.

Posts: 17229 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
maybe she wants a mate, just not the original? Not a bird person. Just a guess. You know, like she needs some Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19256 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
My mother in law had one that was so mean that she named it Rodan from the Japanese monster movies...Rodan loved to draw blood and then gleefully squawk about doing such with glee befitting The oils it's skin guy from The Silence OF The Lambs ...a really evil hateful bird!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
they don't bite that hard

but I did have a parrot in my life for about 10 years.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Name her Hillary.

Or Kamala.

Injecting politics into a thread where it is unnecessary, will get the thread locked....

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27022 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Report This Post