SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Day in History: Marilyn Monroe Is Found Dead (Saturday, August 5th)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Day in History: Marilyn Monroe Is Found Dead (Saturday, August 5th) Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
This Day in History: Marilyn Monroe Is Found Dead (Saturday, August 5th)
Provided By - Video Elephant on August 04, 2023
This Day in History: , Marilyn Monroe Is Found Dead. August 5, 1962. Monroe was found in her bed, surrounded by empty pill bottles. An autopsy revealed a fatal dose of sedatives in her system, and her death was ruled a probable suicide. She had been under constant psychiatric care since the year before, living a reclusive life in her Los Angeles home. Her death inspired conspiracy theories, involving affairs with then-President Kennedy and Attorney General Robert Kennedy. In the 1980s, Monroe's maid declared controversially that Robert Kennedy had fought with Monroe the night she died. The model turned actress has remained a cultural icon for more than half a century

Posts: 8728 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goodbye, Norma Jean.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It seems to me you lived your life like a candle in the wind.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have liked to have known you but I was just a kid.

Kidding aside, it would have been cool had she lived long and into better media reporting. No telling how many secrets she would have divulged.

Posts: 815 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sad. I remember the photo of her body on the gurney as they wheeled her out. The Misfits was her last film. She was a total mess having to fly back to LA to see her psychiatrist who was doing her no good. Just feeding her pills. Marilyn did not realize until halfway through the film that it was about slaughtering horses.
Clark Gable was really ill at the time. Marilyn was uncomfortable being in bed with Gable since it brought up unpleasant childhood memories of incest.

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
We were just outside of Blythe, California stopped on the side of the road taking a drink out of the Desert Canvas evaporative water bag when the news came over the radio of Marilyn's death. Don't know why I remember it so well.

Posts: 5759 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post