SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Had to let my "beautiful girl" go today. Dog related.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had to let my "beautiful girl" go today. Dog related. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
My beloved 17yo Australian cattle dog rescue went across the bridge today. I thought I would hold it together but that all went out the window. The vet, her staff and I all had a good cry. But they all came out and she was able to sit comfortably in the truck with her buddy, my other dog and went peacefully. So I am grateful for their caring effort on my pups behalf. Life won't be the same without her. Her and I spent just about every waking hour together that we could. My wife in her tears said "she loved you" and she did. "I will miss you Girlie".

I also want to thank the vet here who helped us a couple of years ago when she started to have some cognitive issues. I want to say the member was Slabsides, but I could be wrong. Anyway you provided some great advice which we took on supplements. That solved her issues and she lived without any of those issues until her time came. So Please accept my sincere thank you for that advice.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19104 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of sig 226
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss. 17 years sounds like a good and long life for you girl. She can go play w/ my Timber on the other side.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2655 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear. Farewell good doggie. May well meet up on the other side of the rainbow bridge.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. I have sent 3 so far. I have Brittanies and they only make it 13-15 years. Too short all of them.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry your family had to go thru this, but not many get 17 yrs with a pet. She was loved.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Oh no! My old heart goes out to you my friend…you mentioned rescue and that speaks volumes about you by giving your fur companion a good life…I am so sorry for her crossing over…I hope my girls, Kate and Jenny meet her with wagging tails.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10579 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am so very sorry for your loss.

Claire was waiting there to greet her.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. Our Sadie that went over in December will keep her company till you see her again.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear that. My condolences.

ARman

Posts: 3141 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Mark, sorry to hear you lost your friend. That sucks. Best wishes to you.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
She gave you great companionship for all the time you have her.

My dogs are 7 years old and I've started to think about when they'll die and we look into each other's eyes.

I know they understand death; I was there when they saw their mother died. They whimpered then one of them was sobbing uncontrollably with no tears or sound, just her head bobbing up and down.

I look at them and wonder if they know chances are, they'll die before I do.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19575 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Sorry for your loss, that is always a terrible thing when they are gone.

Bill, Drake, and Nemo will help her across the bridge!

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Very sorry.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Sorry, a terrible thing to go through. They just don’t live as long as they should.

Posts: 9449 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 4679 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
My condolences going out to you.
I've cried countless times over the years, because my pets mean so much to me.

Do not be ashamed, it showed you cared a lot.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear, ORC. You loved her and she returned it - that's the beautiful life with our furry kids. Prayers of comfort to you.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2539 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss.

It's so hard, because we love them so much and they love us back.

The kindest thing we can do is not let them suffer...

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your lose, but you will be joined again.
Only time helps heal the wound.

Posts: 4605 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post