SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Spotted Lantern Flies Are Gone Around Here
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Spotted Lantern Flies Are Gone Around Here Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I actually live close to where they think they got into the USA around 7-8 years ago via a shipment of stone or wood from China; Berks Co, PA

A few years ago we were completely overrun with them, you were getting divebombed by them, they were everywhere. The telephone pole outside my house would literally be encrusted with the dammed things.

I noticed last year they seemed to be much fewer.

Just realized there are virtually none around here anymore, not sure if they moved on or died off or there was a natural predator found to combat them?

Anyone else seeing this?

Posts: 33829 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw one just the other week. My brother has them too. Last year didn't seem too bad for them around here. Hopefully they will disappear.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Little bit of a thread drift, but I have to tell this. Last year we had a fair number of spotted lantern butterflies. It's much better this year. Anyway, I am on facebook. Don't discuss politics there at all. Just on it to stay in touch with family and a few friends. Last year I posted an article about the spotted lantern butterfly and how destructive they are to NJ agriculture. I posted a remark that if you see them, kill them. For emphasis I said KILL THEM ALL (referring to the insect.) Facebook then banned me for "hate speech."

Posts: 1054 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I’m all the way on the Ohio side of PA. I had to take a course for identifying them and check my vehicles before crossing county lines but I haven’t seen any over this way. I think the efforts for awareness actually worked.

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post