SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tiger Woods just won #82
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tiger Woods just won #82 Login/Join 
posted
In the ? first PGA event in Japan.
Monday now in Japan, because of a delay yesterday. Few spectators because it is Monday, marginal Golf Channel coverage, event official talking excitedly in I presume Japanese.
But -- History!
What a story.

Posts: 840 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I watched the last 3 holes.

Good for Tiger.

No they weren't speaking Japanese Wink

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3648 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I never thought he would win another major, was proven wrong at the Masters.
For him to hit #82 from where he was a few yrs ago is pretty amazing.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3888 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Big fan.
Not a fan.

No matter, nice win!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I am a long-time Tiger fan despite his stumbles. I hope history is kind to him because he is perhaps the best golfer ever.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I was a big fan, then bitterly disappointed by his character failings (which really REALLY don't line up with my code of behavior).

I've gotten over it and hope for him to have success, would have liked to have known just how great he could have gotten.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I've always been a huge fan. I missed Jack so I've never seen anyone do what Tiger has done with a golf club. Watching him in his prime of 1999-2000 was astounding. I'm happy that he is healthy and hopefully at peace with his life off the course. I hope he can be reconciled to those he hurt. But regardless of those things, I'll stll marvel at what he does on the course and cheer for him to keep doing it.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10594 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I've personally seen him mistreat people on multiple occasions, once it was two children. Can't root for him. Arguably one of the best ever but it doesn't excuse douchey behavior.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5938 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
not a fan, he never signed autographs at the end of several mercedes championships rounds on maui from '98-'06.

Posts: 2245 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Who really gives a shit about him? I sure don't.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I too was in the crowd that thought he would never win again, much less a major.

I was proven wrong and happily so. It's good to see him competing and winning against the younger generation that he inspired. It is quite spectacular actually because that generation is lightyears ahead of the competition that Tiger faced when he first joined the tour. To be winning against that roster of players when he is in his early 40s is just as impressive as anything he's done on the course during his career.

Posts: 6084 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Could'nt care less!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Tiger is/was the greatest striker of golf balls ever to play the game. Even Jack said he was amazed at what Tiger could do in his prime.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tiger's had an amazing career to say the least, but he still needs 3 majors to catch Jack. That will be difficult. He almost always has a chance at Augusta though...

Posts: 97 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
I was a big fan, then bitterly disappointed by his character failings (which really REALLY don't line up with my code of behavior).

I've gotten over it and hope for him to have success, would have liked to have known just how great he could have gotten.

This!!!!!!

He had the world by the balls and blew it. As I have aged, I have become more forgiving.

Glad to see him doing well. And, i never thought I would say that.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36898 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post