SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Don't smoke while transporting a gas grill
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't smoke while transporting a gas grill Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of this scene.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6ZAKtrCrfI

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I have a 2011 Sorento and its nice to see all of the airbags worked. I think there are 10 of them all totaled. The FD certainly didn't bow the roof like that.

It's obvious that the back of the front seats and headrests saved their lives. What a mess!

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ASKSmith:
Same thing happened to a co-worker who was tailgaiting at a baseball game. She put the tank in the car before the game, and came back a few hours later.

I imagine the beers had something to do with why she couldn't smell it.
I was going to guess alcohol was a factor.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2090 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
This would make a great Liberty Mutual commercial.

ITYM Farmers Insurance? "We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Farmer's: Propane tank blows the roof off your SUV?

We covered it, August 2017.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ha, yes it would.

"I'm a complete freakin' moron and blew up my car and myself because I lit a cigarette after filling my car up full of propane, and my insurance company has the nerve not to pay me the price of a brand new car!"

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Best advice--don't smoke at all....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty significant pop! Even blew off the door covering the gas tank.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16099 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Wacky tobacy?

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Wow, that roof. It's like Jiffy Pop.

Posts: 7360 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
With that JK Simmons guy.
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Reminds me of this scene.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6ZAKtrCrfI
Hahaha! Big Grin

Posts: 45377 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah that looks like blast damage...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
Good thing that it was an easy-open Kia Sorento, and not a car put together with actual metal and welds.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2275 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redleg2/9:
Good thing that it was an easy-open Kia Sorento, and not a car put together with actual metal and welds.

That's one of the most ill-informed and false statements I've ever seen on this forum.

I bought a new 2011 Sorento built in the Georgia plant and if you want to see how they're made YouTube has a bunch of videos of the process. Thousands of welds on an all steel body and frame. I test drove many different mid-size SUVs when looking and the Sorento was the quietest and most solid feeling one of the bunch, I kid you not.

Research before this post would have been more appropriate.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Nice CUT. Wink

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12424 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Nice CUT. Wink

Yeah, and true, especially when dealing with idiots. Smile

Jim

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Something right out of a Carl Hiaasen novel

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's one of the most ill-informed and false statements I've ever seen on this forum.

I bought a new 2011 Sorento built in the Georgia plant and if you want to see how they're made YouTube has a bunch of videos of the process. Thousands of welds on an all steel body and frame. I test drove many different mid-size SUVs when looking and the Sorento was the quietest and most solid feeling one of the bunch, I kid you not.

Research before this post would have been more appropriate.

Jim

May I suggest that you look up the word "hyperbole" before you get your panties in a wad.

Do you actually think that any person on this forum - besides you - thinks that I was stating a fact that Kia Sorentos are not made with metal or welds?

Don't be so damned defensive about the cars that you buy.

Now, take a few deep breaths and then look up "hyperbole."

Have a nice drive, and congratulations: you are the first - and only - person to make my "ignore list". Smile

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2275 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Wife said that is what our car would look like if I passed gas in it.

Posts: 5304 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Some things shouldn't have to be said Roll Eyes

Well done.

Light bender eye mender

Posts: 412 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post