SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Science Or Politics? Difficulty In Distinguishing Between Pot And Hemp Leads Prosecutors To Drop Marijuana Cases
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Science Or Politics? Difficulty In Distinguishing Between Pot And Hemp Leads Prosecutors To Drop Marijuana Cases Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Bullshit on the "can't detect" claims.

Give me proper analytical laboratory equipment and I fairly certain I can not only detect THC, I can give you a concentration per gram of test material.

Now it won't be cheap, but it can be done by GCMS or HPLC.

If that doesn't work, sequence the two genomes and compare seized samples against the genomic standard.

Again, not cheap, but effective.

Better still legalize it and redeploy the law enforcement resources against a more serious problem like meth, fentanyl, and carenfentanyl

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31455 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
The argument is that the problem isn't being able to test it so much as the cost of testing, bottlenecks in terms of getting access to testing, and the cost and bottlenecks involved in getting qualified lab techs to show up to testify in court for each individual case.

quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
The smell of weed would still seem to give you probable cause.

If you smell it after it's been burned, yeah. If it hasn't been burned, then it looks and smells like exactly the same thing.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post