SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    No Country For Old Stones (Bladder Stones)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Country For Old Stones (Bladder Stones) Login/Join 
posted
Had a bit of an issue with blood in Urine. Went to the Urologist who ran me through some tests. The CT Scan came back with 4 Stones smiling back at him within my bladder. One or two were pretty good size. He ran me through my options. I choose to undergo a Cystolitholapaxy procedure. Friday morning, 6am check-in, interviews with the Anesthesia team, Surgeon, and nurses then wheeled down the hall where the AirCon temp dropped significantly as I was carted into the surgery room and transferred to the main table. Then my friendly neighborhood Anesthesiologist let me know it was time to go to sleep. General anesthesia applied and I think about 30-45 minutes later I'm in the recovery room for a couple of hours. Home by early afternoon Friday with a Foley catheter installed which I get to remove tomorrow morning.

I was most concerned about the anesthesia vs the procedure but apparently have exited the procedure with my limited IQ intact. A great Hospital team experience. I'll take the Stones problem over a tumor or cancer in the bladder so for that I'm grateful.

The most difficult part has been the Foley Catheter. I wanted to rip it today but my daughter (an RN) advised me to stay the course until Monday morning for a variety of reasons.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
My father had many stones vacuumed from his bladder a couple years ago, they were trying to solve a frequent urination problem. He did not get a catheter afterwards. Unfortunately it didn’t solve his problem , so their next step was the lasering of the urethra through the prostate. For that he did get the catheter. My father has had all the most awful medical things done to him over the years, and yet he was dreading the catheter again more than anything. Unfortunately it didn’t solve his problem either.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I was recently diagnosed with the same issue, although mine are still quite small. Good to see what'c coming down the road, and I guess it beats heck out of kidney stones.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post