SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you ever come across vehicles on the road and wonder what the owner was thinking?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you ever come across vehicles on the road and wonder what the owner was thinking? Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
One of the benefits of having a camera with me at all times is that from time to time I have been able to photograph some very interesting vehicles.

This poor Ford truck looks like it narrowly escaped some sort of explosion or was used to film a terminator movie or something. It’s really pulling off that post apocalyptic look.

I wonder where the gang is headed?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21111 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
#1: WTF
#2: Looks well done, if odd.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15333 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Heh. The neighbor across the street from my old house had a Mystery Machine van like that.

Posts: 32517 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
that looks like my buddys pickup truck back in the day but we would have had bucket seats and a cooler full of beers in the back

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Wonder if this is the same pickup truck on the news ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_es6MshpMHI

Growing up in the 50s and 60s ... I dig the van ! Smile

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I once saw a dually pickup truck with an inner rear wheel on one side and and an outer rear wheel on the other.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just drove up behind a jeep with 42" super swampers today. No fender flares, full tire outside the vehicle factory fenders. No mudflaps, nothing. Not only did it look stupid, but illegal.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Yesterday in downtown Charlotte

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I once saw a dually pickup truck with an inner rear wheel on one side and and an outer rear wheel on the other.

Hmmm. Good lord.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8689 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I notice and am careful not to make eye contact with some of these folks. Situational awareness or hypervigilance is important.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Stickman, any idea what is the tall thingy sticking up out of the back corner of that old Ford?

Posts: 17901 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
That tall thingy is a hoist

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Good eye David. Yeah it looks like some kind of hoist. That truck was one of the roughest looking vehicles I’ve seen on the interstate in a long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21111 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
My wife and I were driving on I-80 through Cheyenne a couple of days ago when a small Jeep SUV merged onto the highway next to us. It may have been a Renegade, but it was in that hideous safety green color. My wife said, “Who would ever buy something like that?” Well, as a matter of fact I knew someone. She trained in Tai Chi with me. I remember the day she drove up to class in it-—brand new. I couldn’t bring myself to comment, at all.

Posts: 13269 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Driver must be hoisting up barrels of waste oil or tires, scrap metals as the box is plum destroyed.. Big Grin. Looks like it has some kind of a down rigger under its rear for balance when lifting heavy items.

Posts: 17901 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
That Ford looks like it was rode hard and put away wet for much of its life.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4838 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Some of the new cars today are so hideous, I wonder if the driver had lost a bet.

Posts: 9157 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
#1 looks like someone started using a loader to fill it with something. Probably made quite a bit of money with it and is ahead in the game.

Posts: 17891 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
1. That NO SMOKING nonsense while I pump gas is for suckers.

2. Zoinks!

Posts: 3150 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Here's a few I have taken in my neck of the woods:

I have another that I can't seem to find. It started as a minivan, then was turned into some sort of convertible doorless dune buggy sort of deal.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15721 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post