SIGforum
Talk about a stupid idea

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4560042424

May 14, 2017, 06:43 PM
ZSMICHAEL
Talk about a stupid idea
Now this might work in the fantasy land of Snowflakes. Maybe they could order extra buttons for Rykers Island as well?

http://nypost.com/2017/05/14/t...-for-rude-commuters/
May 14, 2017, 07:03 PM
cruiser68
WTF?
May 14, 2017, 07:08 PM
nojoy
Maybe I missed it; what does MTA stand for again?
May 14, 2017, 07:09 PM
tatortodd
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:
Metro transit authority (i.e. the subway and bus dept)

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
May 14, 2017, 07:24 PM
downtownv
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:

I'm Impressed Todd!
Maybe you aren't really a texan... Big Grin

https://www.teampython.com

May 14, 2017, 07:34 PM
Icabod
These are the times that try men's souls. In the course of our nation's history, the people of Boston have rallied
Bravely whenever the rights of men have been threatened. Today, a new crisis has arisen. The Metropolitan
Transit Authority, better known as the M. T. A., is attempting to levy a burdensome tax on the population in the
Form of a subway fare increase. Citizens, hear me out! This could happen to you!

Well, let me tell you of the story of a man named Charley on a tragic and fateful day.
He put ten cents in his pocket, kissed his wife and family, went to ride on the M. T. A.

Well, did he ever return? No, he never returned and his fate is still unknown.
(What a pity! Poor ole Charlie. Shame and scandal. He may ride forever. Just like Paul Revere.)
He may ride forever 'neath the streets of Boston. He's the man who never returned.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.
May 14, 2017, 07:43 PM
GaryBF
Fond memories of the Kingston Trio.
May 14, 2017, 07:46 PM
tatortodd
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:

I'm Impressed Todd!
Maybe you aren't really a texan... Big Grin
I spent 2.5 months working in NYC. I used the MTA to get around Manhatten, but drove in the other boroughs.

I was in a cow pasture in West Texas when I got the call that I was needed in NYC. The downstream portion of oil & gas is in NYC, and it's in some really shitty areas.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
May 15, 2017, 04:34 AM
flashguy
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
These are the times that try men's souls. In the course of our nation's history, the people of Boston have rallied
Bravely whenever the rights of men have been threatened. Today, a new crisis has arisen. The Metropolitan
Transit Authority, better known as the M. T. A., is attempting to levy a burdensome tax on the population in the
Form of a subway fare increase. Citizens, hear me out! This could happen to you!

Well, let me tell you of the story of a man named Charley on a tragic and fateful day.
He put ten cents in his pocket, kissed his wife and family, went to ride on the M. T. A.

Well, did he ever return? No, he never returned and his fate is still unknown.
(What a pity! Poor ole Charlie. Shame and scandal. He may ride forever. Just like Paul Revere.)
He may ride forever 'neath the streets of Boston. He's the man who never returned.
I keep thinking of the Boylston Shuttle ("A Subway Named Mobius" by A. J. Deutsch).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth