SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Navigation apps not taking using Apple CarPlay
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Navigation apps not taking using Apple CarPlay Login/Join 
posted
I am having issues getting the nav to talk with using Apple CarPlay. The music volume will lower volume at points it should talk.

I have an iPhone 11 and Uconnect on a 19 Ram 1500. All apps and phone are up today.

I’m using a factory iPhone cable.

Apps talk when not connected to the vehicle.

Is there anything I can do to trouble shoot?

Posts: 5423 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
This may sound stupid

When the radio volume lowers and is supposed to be giving nav directions, turn the volume up on the radio at that time. My truck has different volume settings for the various things and I can control them that way

Posts: 5338 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
If you are using Apple CarPlay, do you need the cable at all? Your head unit is having to access two sources, rather than one.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2841 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
If you are using Apple CarPlay, do you need the cable at all? Your head unit is having to access two sources, rather than one.

Most of the time currently yes.
Very very few units especially of the 2019 vintage have wireless CarPlay just the wired version.
CarPlay is separate from a Bluetooth connection.
I have found CarPlay to be very very quirky in my 2020 Tahoe.
Only on occasion can I control the apps from the screen.
Lots of time I have to do stuff on the phone.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25430 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:

If you are using Apple CarPlay, do you need the cable at all?.
In my wife's 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited, Apple CarPlay connects to her iPhone X via a USB cable. The iPhone does not connect to CarPlay wirelessly in that vehicle.
When we bought the vehicle, there was a $75 option for a "connectivity kit" that consisted of the USB cable. I told them to delete that option, we would do just fine with a five dollar USB cable. After a lot of arguing, which included me saying "Do you really want to lose this sale? We are prepared to get up and walk out. There are a dozen Toyota dealers within an hour of here," they reduced the price of the vehicle by $75 and left the "kit" in the deal.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30702 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
This may sound stupid

When the radio volume lowers and is supposed to be giving nav directions, turn the volume up on the radio at that time. My truck has different volume settings for the various things and I can control them that way

Winner winner. Thank you

Posts: 5423 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post