SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ricin sent to Mattis?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ricin sent to Mattis? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
“Two envelopes containing ricin have been intercepted at the Pentagon.

The envelopes were intercepted in the mailing facility which is not inside the Pentagon but is nearby.

They were addressed to the Secretary of Defense James Mattis and to Chief of Naval Operations, Admiral John Richardson, according to officials cited by CNN.

Both were sent to the FBI for further analysis after being discovered during a screening process on Tuesday…”

https://dailym.ai/2Qkpk2m

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8959 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, the FBI is on the case. It'll be solved in, well, never.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107611 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Now found at Sen Cruz's Texas office too. Link

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
The sad part is that these almost definitely came from Americans and not a foreign enemy.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's my impression as well.

Posts: 107611 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
If you go to Cruz's website, his Houston office is in the Mickey Leland Federal Building in downtown Houston. This address pops up on Google searches for Ted Cruz Houston. It also has good security as there are armed officers in lobby and everybody goes through metal detectors (I know because I renewed my passport in this building).

The office that received the package is his campaign office in Phoenix Tower in the Greenway Plaza part of Houston (between downtown and the Galleria). This address is much harder to find on Google, but it's a 34 story office building and many other businesses in the building. Friends of friends are officed in the same building and elevators have been turned off and building is on lockdown.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Cruz's office was a false alarm. Not ricin. Fox has removed that article.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
It's still all over the news in Houston. Hazmat has locked down the building.

Local news sites:
  • ABC Houston
  • CBS Houston - just updating saying not hazardous
  • Fox Houston
  • NBC Houston
  • Houston Chronicle

•  
    Picture of Otto Pilot
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    quote:
    It's still all over the news in Houston. Hazmat has locked down the building.

FWIW, according to other sources, the lockdown is lifted after HFD tested them as negative.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/...nt-pentagon-13348467

https://www.10news.com/home/ho...ail-sent-to-pentagon

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Leatherneck
    posted Hide Post
    So not ricin but not an innocent package either it seems. Nobody sends a white powdery substance without intending it to cause alarm.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Otto Pilot
    posted Hide Post
    LOL Tatortodd, at least put a note in that you edited yours after I put my reply in. And all yours back up what mine said. Wink

Or maybe you were already editing...who knows? LOL

A Grateful American
    Picture of sigmonkey
    posted Hide Post
    That's the last time I send a box of powdered sugar donuts to anyone...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    wishing we
    were congress
    posted Hide Post
    https://www.breitbart.com/big-...ricin-pentagon-mail/

A developing report says packages delivered to the Pentagon’s mail facility tested positive for ricin on Tuesday.

Local news affiliate FOX 5 DC says that the mail did not enter the Pentagon, according to U.S. officials. Both Pentagon Force Protection and Federal Bureau of Inspection (FBI) agents are on scene for additional testing of received mail.

At this time, Pentagon personnel have not been evacuated from the premises.

Pentagon spokesman Chris Sherwood said in a statement that at least two pieces of mail were suspected of containing the poison, which according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “if it is made into a partially purified material or refined, ricin can be used as a weapon capable of causing death under certain circumstances.”

In a separate statement, Col. Rob Manning announced all U.S. Postal Service mail sent to the Pentagon’s mail facility is presently “under quarantine” and “poses no threat to Pentagon personnel.”

CNN national security reporter Ryan Browne says the packages were addressed to Defense Secretary James Mattis and Chief of Naval Operations John Richardson.

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Get Off My Lawn
    Picture of oddball
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pale Horse:
    The sad part is that these almost definitely came from Americans and not a foreign enemy.

More like anti-Americans, born and living here Mad

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Leatherneck
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by sigmonkey:
    That's the last time I send a box of powdered sugar donuts to anyone...

I mean, I don't have anyone scanning my mail if you have extras...

Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    LOL Tatortodd, at least put a note in that you edited yours after I put my reply in. And all yours back up what mine said. Wink

Or maybe you were already editing...who knows? LOL
    I was already editing. If you look at the "last updated" on the links you'll see that the new sources were editing too (some 1.5 hours after my post).

"Member"
    Picture of cas
    posted Hide Post
    FBI is questioning one Jesse Pinkman....

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    stupid beyond
    all belief
    Picture of Deqlyn
    posted Hide Post
    Mattis snorts Ricin to wake up in the morning. They clearly dont know who theyre messing with.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Oriental Redneck
    Picture of 12131
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Deqlyn:
    Mattis snorts Ricin to wake up in the morning. They clearly dont know who theyre messing with.

He clearly was trained by Chuck Norris. Eek

Q

Posts: 26395 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    The Velvet Voicebox
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by 12131:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Deqlyn:

He clearly was trained by Chuck Norris. Eek

Methinks its the other way around.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post