SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anyone here subscribe to The Epoch Times?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone here subscribe to The Epoch Times? Login/Join 
posted
I’m considering subscribing to their news site, I’m on their email list and it seems like they are writing quality articles. I’m just curious if anyone subscribes and whether a monthly subscription or just go for the yearly sub?

Posts: 686 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
I used to read High Times....LMAO

Posts: 2166 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
A friend has recently sent me worthwhile links from there, I haven't had time to really look into it.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8352 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
If you look up who runs the Epoch Times it's pretty interesting. Chinese Americans that support the Falun Gong movement. Very much anti-commie.

"By 2003, The Epoch Times website and group of newspapers had grown into one of the largest Chinese-language news sites and newspaper groups outside China, with local editions in the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and major Western European countries"

quoted from Wikipedia.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I bought a one year subscription and I get daily emails.

In my opinion it’s very good writing.

Posts: 53204 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I've been reading them and follow their youtube channel. Have not subscribed.

I don't know if it matters to you but Epoch Times is an arm of the Falun Gong (a religious sect currently being persecuted in China). Shen Yun, a group that tours US pre-Covid to give entertainment chinese acrobatic shows is also affiliated with Falun Gong.

I like them. I figure the enemy of my enemy is my friend at the present.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19682 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have been sending me a free test subscription. Think of it like a Fox News minus the theatrics. I was surprised to learn about the China connection. I interpret it (The Epoch Times) as a warning about the current direction our politics appear to be taking and where it can lead us.

Tony

Posts: 315 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Received a couple copies in my home mailbox in the last six months or so ago. No subscription . Interesting reading. Did not know about the connection with the enemy. .......................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2014 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We subscribe, my wife reads the printed paper more than I do.
They have actual journalists--reporters--in addition to pundits, so that's a breath of fresh air.
And some of the columnists, like Roger Simon, I've read and appreciated for years before they moved to the Epoch Times.

Posts: 18078 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Falun Gong is a spiritual movement that centers its practice around meditative breathing exercises ("chi gong") designed to cultivate chi (or qi), the fundamental life force. It has no political agenda per se. It is being persecuted by the ChiCom government because every overthrow of central authority in Chinese history was presaged by the rise of a religious group.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16368 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Same....

quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I bought a one year subscription and I get daily emails.

In my opinion it’s very good writing.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Just took their 3 months for a $1 offer.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4233 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Flash is subscribed to it for now. I read it also. It's definitely not CNN.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We just received our first issue. We like it so far.

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input, guys. I’ll be sending them some support later tonight with a subscription. I really do like the articles that I’ve read so far. Very well written and I also appreciate that they don’t try to force you into paying to read their content....sure there’s the pop-up when you open an article but it always has the option to choose “maybe next time”.

Posts: 686 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I have not yet subscribed but a paper copy appears in my mailbox about once a week or so.

I did not solicit it, but I do welcome it in my mailbox.

Posts: 11856 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the $5/month plan and can cancel anytime. I only read it on the internet and frankly enjoy the long form journalism and perspective. The US news is very good and the foreign news is always interesting. The have been recently demonetized by YouTube (I think) so you know its gotta be good. Try it for a while, it is better than most out there in the Matrix.

Posts: 6 | Location: Near Charleston, SC | Registered: February 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Canada Post Office Employees Refuse to Deliver Copies of the Epoch Times Newspaper

In a recent chapter of our cancel culture, two Canadian post office workers refused to deliver copies of the Epoch Times Newspaper. Mr. Ramiro Sepulveda, one of the two, “protected” the Canadian public in this way from what he regarded as intellectual filth. In his view, “I saw this thing, I read it and thought it was trash…” He further averred that the Epoch Times Newspaper was “damaging” and “I saw the headlines and I thought, wow, that’s ridiculous…”

But the intellectual virus goes far deeper than this one censor. These workers were not at all condemned by their union representatives. According to William Johnson, president of the Regina Canadian Union of Postal Workers local, Canada Post should be more careful about what material it transfers from sender to recipient.

“I think as a Crown corporation they do have a moral responsibility to actually look at this stuff and determine if it is peddling in hate and racism and those sorts of things,” in his view. (A Canadian Crown corporation would be somewhat similar to a public utility in the U.S.: highly regulated, by the government, but only quasi-independent of it.)

Union leaders have promised to stand by contract-violating members such as Sepulveda. In Johnson’s view, “The publication affects a bunch of our letter carriers. This is not a publication that we as a Crown corporation should be giving out to Canadians.” ...

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8352 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Coincidentally, I just received a complimentary copy in the mail yesterday.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38691 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:

but they will continue to deliver junk mail because filling your mailbox with trash is a government mandate

Posts: 53204 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post