SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boston Logan Airport: How do I get from a domestic terminal to E for an international flight?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boston Logan Airport: How do I get from a domestic terminal to E for an international flight? Login/Join 
posted
Can I go from terminal to terminal staying INSIDE the secure area? Walking is fine, faster (bus or train) is better. The official www site isn't very helpful:

https://www.massport.com/logan...port/at-the-airport/

Tuesday I'm arriving about 5PM on a United 737 from ORD, today's arrival gate is B-26 but who knows what it will be Tuesday. 2.5 hours later I'm departing on a Lufthansa A380, that gate is likely to be E-11.

This much better site says there are shuttle busses, but it does not say if they're inside or outside the secure area. I have TSA pre check, but I'd rather not reclear security.

https://www.ifly.com/airports/...airport/terminal-map

What are my options for a domestic arrival to a Terminal E departure?

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Can I go from terminal to terminal staying INSIDE the secure area? Walking is fine, faster (bus or train) is better. The official www site isn't very helpful:

https://www.massport.com/logan...port/at-the-airport/

Tuesday I'm arriving about 5PM on a United 737 from ORD, today's arrival gate is B-26 but who knows what it will be Tuesday. 2.5 hours later I'm departing on a Lufthansa A380, that gate is likely to be E-11.

This much better site says there are shuttle busses, but it does not say if they're inside or outside the secure area. I have TSA pre check, but I'd rather not reclear security.

https://www.ifly.com/airports/...airport/terminal-map

What are my options for a domestic arrival to a Terminal E departure?

Yes you could walk the entire way inside without having to exit. Bit of a walk, at least 20 minutes. Bus requires going outside.

Will you check in online with LH and have a boarding pass already? Will your checked luggage be transferred to LH, or will you have to reclaim it in BOS?

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DC3S:

Will you check in online with LH and have a boarding pass already? Will your checked luggage be transferred to LH...

Yes to both, I can handle 20+ minutes (assuming we use B for the inbound). Thanks.

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is this terminal from the 50s? No moving sidewalks? We took a cab in Dallas so we did not miss a connecting flight to Calgary. It was worth the ten bucks. (Our flight coming in was late}.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

From the second link you posted

Getting Between Terminals

To get between terminals at BOS Logan, passengers can use the free shuttle buses that run between all four terminals. The shuttle buses run frequently and are easily accessible from each terminal.

Additionally, passengers can walk between terminals using the covered walkways that connect them. The walkways are well-lit and clearly marked, making it easy to navigate between terminals on foot.

Also see the Map:

The interactive map shows the walkways between all terminals B - E which is also on both links, Terminal A looks to require shuttle and isn't connected to B-E

From Google:

How long does it take to get from terminal B to terminal E at Boston?

Figure 25-30 minutes from stepping off the first plane at B to getting into the security line at E, just to be on the safe side in case there is a lot of traffic. You'll have to go outside, take a free shuttle bus between terminals, and check back in again. Nov 26, 2016

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no secure-side bus but you can walk it. I'd say plan 20-30 minutes as well.

Posts: 2194 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walking it will be, thanks for all the tips.

One downside to the bus: Terminal E TSA does not have a pre-check line:

When leaving from Terminal E, it’s important to note that they don’t offer TSA PreCheck at this terminal.

https://www.familytravelmagazi...oston-logan-airport/

Looks like Terminal E just got renovated:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/...national-terminal-e/

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
There is construction going on at Terminal B, you can walk between terminals however it is not on secure side between B and E also there are two halves of B depending on the gate you'll have to go outside.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
There is construction going on at Terminal B, you can walk between terminals however it is not on secure side between B and E also there are two halves of B depending on the gate you'll have to go outside.

Thanks for the heads up. My United flight is scheduled to arrive at B-24, but that may change. If I do have to go outside, I'll try to get back in at C where I assume there's a pre-check line.

This map shows that Delta has a secure to secure shuttle from A to E, I may try to catch that.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/ai...sky-club-airport-map

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
If you come back into Boston on the return and have a layover let me know, lot of great local neighborhood spots, the North End our little Italy is 2 stops from the air port on the subway.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
If you come back into Boston on the return and have a layover let me know...

Thanks, but the return is direct United MUC-ORD. I'm going thru BOS outbound specifically to fly on a Lufthansa 380.

posted Hide Post
20 minutes B24 to E10, lots of signs, stayed in the secure area. It was easy, thanks to all for the tips.

The only hard part was walking by Legal Sea Foods with fried clams on the menu, I got fed on the inbound flight. I was born near Woo-stah and grew up on fried clams and lob-stah. REAL clams are hard to find in Iowa.

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:

One downside to the bus: Terminal E TSA does not have a pre-check line:

When leaving from Terminal E, it’s important to note that they don’t offer TSA PreCheck at this terminal.

I think it's because some foreign carriers do not accept your Pre-Check number. I ran into this when flying Aer Lingus this past summer.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
On foot.

They object to driving through the terminals.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
BTW, be sure to say "hi" to the boys and girls from F Troop.

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you referring to Mass State Police? I never saw a single one, but I stayed inside the secure area.

Have not seen any LE at ORD either. I’m there now, cleared customs in Terminal 5, took the train to domestic and recleared TSA. I’m now hanging out in Terminal 1 awaiting an RJ to MLI.

Forgot to mention I saw LOTS of Polizei at Munich, mostly outside the secure area but some inside. A few were carrying what I think were MP5s.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigmund,

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are you referring to Mass State Police? I never saw a single one, but I stayed inside the secure area.

Yup, that always caused great hilarity. MSP are mostly outside the terminals sitting in their idling cruisers although you see them in the non-secured terminal areas sometimes.

A guy I know from Reading introduced me to one of the F-troopers so I'd know someone down there if I ever got into a jam but he's now retired.